ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Laisvunas

You must be logged in to post.

BOSS Search >> RSS feed

General

DCalabrese
DCalabrese

I am very new to this but a big fan of all your add-ons and terrific support. 

The Yahoo BOSS search demos were extremely helpful.

Is it possible for you to add to the API, so that an individual custom search can be programmed to automatically stream as a individual continuous RSS feeds on our website?  It could really enhance certain of our entries with a continuously updated feel.

Thanks
Chris

Laisvunas
# 1
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

Do you mean such scrolling as implemented in DuckDuckGo?

DCalabrese
# 2
DCalabrese

Right now we can take a standard rss feed and use the Feed Parser add-on” to fetch and read XML-based feeds and API results and display the contents in your templates.” 

Can you provide with this add-on a second step function that displays the Yahoo BOSS search niche into rss feed that can automatically appear in individual templates [similar to feed parse add-on]?. 

For niche websites, it would add tremendously to attract repeat visitors to see custom rss feeds - a sense of a frequently updated content. .. 

Chris.

Laisvunas
# 3
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi Chris,

I’m not sure I understood correctly what you plan to achieve.

Do you need to output in template BOSS XML in order to fetch that XML by Feed parser addon? That’s hardly needed because Yahoo BOSS add-on parses BOSS XML by itself.

If you need to apper results of the search for some word without user submitting that word, that’s also possible with Yahoo BOSS add-on.

Can you post some code or link?

DCalabrese
# 4
DCalabrese

Great.  That is exactly what I was hoping it would do. Tank you.  Chris