ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Rein de Vries

File Upload Problems inside Safecracker

Support Request

John Cowen
John Cowen

Hi,
I’m not absolutely sure if this problem is related more to Wyvern or Safecracker ... but I have a front end form for members to post blogs with a Wyvern fieldtype inside a Safecracker form.

It works fine until we’re trying to upload an image. Wyvern’s set to use EE file Manager and it’s working well from the Control Panel.

But from this Safecracker form I firstly get a badly formatted Image Properties window - which looks like a lot of the CSS is missing. And when I select browse, the screen looks OK - but selecting ‘Upload file’ - rather than getting any image upload options, I’m seeing the site home page ...

This is using Wyvern 1.2.4.2 on EE 2.3.1 - hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks
-john

litzinger
# 1
Developer
litzinger

Can you update Wyvern to 1.3.3 and give it a shot?

John Cowen
# 2
John Cowen

No change I’m afraid.
I hadn’t spotted it before - but the same field also has a colour picker. It appears to work via the safecracker form - but the colour choice isn’t retained when published. But the colour is set when publishing from the control panel.

I’m guessing these are somehow related, maybe a javascript file not loading correctly? But I can’t see what :(

Thanks
-john

litzinger
# 3
Developer
litzinger

I haven’t tested it with Safecracker for awhile b/c to my knowledge nothing has/should have changed with this. I’ll look into it soon…. are you under a tight deadline? I have a few other things to do in the next couple days as well.

John Cowen
# 4
John Cowen

Thanks Brian,
It’s not super urgent so no problem at all if you can’t take a look for a few days.

Cheers
-john