ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Chris Monnat

“Unable to locate the model you have specified: wufee_model”

Bug Report

Garden-variety Fool
Garden-variety Fool

Hello!

I’ve just recently updated EE to 2.6.1 and Wufee to 1.5. Now whenever I attempt to edit an existing channel field or create a new one, I see the following error and cannot proceed.

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to locate the model you have specified: wufee_model

If anyone has any suggestions about what can be done to work around this problem, I would be very glad to hear them.

mrtopher
# 1
Developer
mrtopher

I’m thinking I forgot to update the fieldtype file when I updated the code for 2.6.x and now it can’t find the model.

I’ll try and get this updated today.

Garden-variety Fool
# 2
Garden-variety Fool

Thanks for the response!

Have you had any luck finding out what was causing this problem?

mrtopher
# 3
Developer
mrtopher

Sorry for the delayed response. I’ve been looking into this and am unable to reproduce the error. Just to confirm, you are getting this error when adding/updating channel fields in the CP? Do you see it when listing all fields for a field group or just when you select a given channel?

Garden-variety Fool
# 4
Garden-variety Fool
mrtopher - 23 July 2013 08:31 PM

I’ve been looking into this and am unable to reproduce the error. Just to confirm, you are getting this error when adding/updating channel fields in the CP? Do you see it when listing all fields for a field group or just when you select a given channel?

Thanks for the response!

If I select Admin > Channel Administration > Channel Fields in the control panel, I can see a list of existing field groups. If I select one of these groups, I can see a list of the fields in that group. If I click on any of the fields or attempt to create a new one, however, I see the error message mentioned in the title of this thread.

At this point, I really need to make some changes to the channel fields, so I’m wondering if I can just remove Wufee from the system without making things worse. Or would removing the add-on create problems when attempting to delete the Wufee-related field later?

mrtopher
# 5
Developer
mrtopher

That’s really strange. I’m not seeing the same results you are. At this point I’d recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the module. I don’t think this will cause any issues but you might want to back things up as always just in case.

Garden-variety Fool
# 6
Garden-variety Fool
mrtopher - 25 July 2013 01:43 PM

That’s really strange. I’m not seeing the same results you are. At this point I’d recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the module. I don’t think this will cause any issues but you might want to back things up as always just in case.

Okay, I have now tried uninstalling and reinstalling Wufee, but the same error still occurs.

If you have any other suggestions, I would be happy to hear them!

mrtopher
# 7
Developer
mrtopher

I’m going to continue working on things from my end and see if I can’t reproduce what you’re seeing. But in the meantime I would recommend disabling/uninstalling just the Wufee fieldtype and using the template embed instead. That might be a work around until we can find a more permanent solution.

bennobo
# 8
bennobo

Same for me. But the work around is OK for me for now.