Matrix is not defined bug in publish/edit page

Bug Report

filipQ
filipQ

I’m using VZ URL and Matrix and am getting this error on the publish/edit page:

Uncaught ReferenceErrorMatrix is not defined 
vzUrl
.init 

If I’m only using Matrix or Matrix and VZ URL on the same page I don’t get errors, only if VZ URL is used without Matrix.

I’m using ee 2.5.3.
Matrix 2.5.2
VZ URL 2.2.8.

Sneed's Feed & Seed
# 1
Sneed's Feed & Seed

I’m getting a similar error on a couple of entries in one channel that uses both VZ URL and Matrix. The console shows:

Uncaught ReferenceErrorvzUrl_settings is not defined 

And this causes other scripts on the page to fail. It started happening after I upgraded to Matrix to 2.5 and VZ URL from 2.2.2 -> 2.2.6. I tried disabling and re-enabling the VZ URL extension but it didn’t work.

VZ URL is inside Matrix in this particular field. Could this possibly be a compatibility issue with Matrix 2.5?

Eli Van Zoeren
# 2
Developer
Eli Van Zoeren

These look like two separate issues. The first one is fixed on GitHub now (I haven’t bumped the version number yet, but the version there includes the fix).

Kristen, I’m not sure what could cause what you are seeing, and I haven’t been able to replicate it. If you have a chance, would you mind giving me a temporary login for the site? I suspect it will be easy to see what’s wrong in Firebug, but it’s hard to explain what to look for. I think you have my email, but if not it’s eli@elivz.com. Otherwise I’ll keep messing with it to see if I can reproduce the error.

Sneed's Feed & Seed
# 3
Sneed's Feed & Seed

Hi Eli,

I decided to just delete the problem entries and re-publish them. Seems to have fixed the problem so you can close this one out. Thanks!

Eli Van Zoeren
# 4
Developer
Eli Van Zoeren

Version 2.2.9 is now on GitHub and fixes all these issues.