ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Viget Labs

You must be logged in to post.

XML updating by Super Admin only?

Support Request

mediapimp
mediapimp

Whenever my client creates a new channel entry, the XML file does not update.

I have to go in and edit his post and republish the entry for the XML file to update.

If he goes back in and republishes the post, it still does not work.

I am a Super Admin and I have him set as an Admin which only allows the client access to publish & edit channel entries, so it seems to point to the fact that he’s not a Super Admin.

Any idea what might be going on here?

Viget
# 1
Developer
Viget

Do you have any other add-ons in play that affect what happens after an entry is submitted? This extension is just using the entry_submission_absolute_end hook, so it should fire for every user. We are using it internally, and it updates for non Super Admins.

mediapimp
# 2
mediapimp

There are no other add-ons and the issue can be recreated every time we try it.

The member group is a custom group that I set up. Could that have something to do with it?

Viget
# 3
Developer
Viget

It shouldn’t. So you have zero extensions installed? Which version of EE are you on? Are you on 1.2 of VL File Generator? Can you post the template code for the template you are generating? Have you logged in as the user and submitted the entry yourself?

mediapimp
# 4
mediapimp

No other extensions installed. EE 2.5.2. VL 1.1.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<site>

{exp:channel:entries channel="news" orderby="date" sort="desc" limit="1" dynamic="no" disable="categories|member_data|pagination"}

<news date="{entry_date format="%%d, %Y"}">
     <!
[CDATA[{newsStory}]]>
 </
news>

{/exp:channel:entries}

<video>

{exp:channel:entries channel="video" orderby="date" sort="asc" dynamic="no" disable="categories|member_data|pagination"}

<item title="{title}" client="{videoClient}" agency="{videoAgency}" credits="{videoCredits}" img="{videoImg}" vid="{videoFile}">
      <!
[CDATA[{videoInfo}]]>
         </
item>

</video>

<
audio>

{exp:channel:categories channel="audioCategories" style="linear" show_empty="no" disable="category_fields"}

<sort name="{category_name}">

{exp:channel:entries channel="audioCategories" category="{category_id}" orderby="title" sort="asc" disable="member_data|pagination|categories"}

<category name="{title}" img="{categoryImg}">

{reverse_related_entries orderby="title"}

<track title="{title}" length="{audioLength}" mp3="{audioFile}" zip="{audioDownload}">
     <!
[CDATA[{audioInfo}]]>
    </
track>

{/reverse_related_entries}

</category>

</sort>

{/exp:channel:categories}

</audio>

<
about>

{exp:channel:entries channel="about" orderby="date" sort="asc" dynamic="no" disable="categories|member_data|pagination"}

<page name="{title}" img1="{aboutImg1}" img2="{aboutImg2}">
   <!
[CDATA[{aboutBody}]]>
  </
page>

</about>

{exp:channel:entries channel="contact" orderby="date" sort="asc" limit="1" dynamic="no" disable="categories|member_data|pagination"}

<contact company="{contactCompany}" street="{contactStreet}" city="{contactCity}" phone="{contactPhone}" fax="{contactFax}" mobile="{contactMobile}">
  <!
[CDATA[{contactInstructions}]]>
 </
contact>

</site
Viget
# 5
Developer
Viget

Did you log in as the user and try for yourself? Are you hitting Submit or Save Revision?

mediapimp
# 6
mediapimp

I did log in as the user and it seemed to work fine for me. Not really sure where they are going wrong on their end. There is no Save Revision so they can’t be confusing the Submit button.

I’ll try to dig deeper into what they might be doing on their end.

Viget
# 7
Developer
Viget

Ok, let us know if you figure out what they were doing.