Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Simon Andersohn

You must be logged in to post.

Expressionengine 3 compatibility

Feature Request

webmvp
webmvp

Hello!

Would it be possible to have this extension comptatible with EE3?

Thanks!

Sy
# 1
Developer
Sy

Hi,

I’ve just been looking into a solution for this. I should have it available for you soon, maybe in the next day or two.

webmvp
# 2
webmvp

Hello!

Any progress on this? :)

Thanks!

Sy
# 3
Developer
Sy

Hi. This took a little longer than expected where I’ve have been working on updating it to EE3. Feel free to try this development branch which you can find here:

https://github.com/ignetic/ee-unique-channel-fields/archive/update-to-ee3.zip

Any feed back on this would be very welcome :)

Thanks
Sy

webmvp
# 4
webmvp

Hello!

I have tested this with text-input field, seems to be working fine.
Only issue that i found was language file. I tried to pute “Sadržaj” instead of entry, so i guess its something to do with special characters like “čćžšđ”.

Plugin still worked, as in it stopped me from publishing/updating the entry, i just didn’t se the error message.

Thanks for this!

webmvp
# 5
webmvp

Hey!

Seems like i spoke to soon!

Updating existing entries is working fine, but im unable to publish new entries.
I get error as such:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘AND `exp_channel_data`.`site_id` = ‘1’ AND `exp_channel_titles`.`status` != ‘cl’ at line 8:
SELECT * FROM (`exp_channel_data`) INNER JOIN `exp_channel_titles` ON `exp_channel_data`.`entry_id` = `exp_channel_titles`.`entry_id` WHERE `exp_channel_data`.`field_id_58` = ‘dddd’ AND `exp_channel_data`.`field_id_58` != ‘’ AND `exp_channel_data`.`channel_id` = ‘9’ AND `exp_channel_data`.`entry_id` != AND `exp_channel_data`.`site_id` = ‘1’ AND `exp_channel_titles`.`status` != ‘closed’ LIMIT 1

ee/legacy/database/drivers/mysqli/mysqli_connection.php:122

field_id_58 is the field i have set to be unique

I cant publish entries at all in this channel as soon as i set up the “unique” field.

EE version 3.5.11
php version 5.6.32

Thanks!

webmvp
# 6
webmvp

Hello!

Did you maybe have time to look into this?

Thanks!

Sy
# 7
Developer
Sy

Hi. Sorry, it’s just been so busy with other things since Christmas. Thanks for the feedback on this. It looks like it might not be picking up the entry id correctly for some reason. I should have time later this week to look into this further, I will try to look into it then.

Sy
# 8
Developer
Sy

Also, I wonder if you could try uninstalling and installing the extension again to see if it makes any difference.
Thanks

webmvp
# 9
webmvp

Hi,

I have tried this extension on 2 different sites.
I tried installing and deinstalling several times. No change.

Sy
# 10
Developer
Sy

Sorry, looks like one of my replies didn’t show. Please try downloading a fresh copy then uninstall and install the new one. Should be version 1.3.1.

webmvp
# 11
webmvp

Hello!

It seems to be working ok now.

There is an issue with any special characters like:”čćžšđ”.
Addon will not work if there is any special charactes in the lang file, or in the field name. This is not optimal, but something we can do without.

If i run into any other issues, ill let you know.

Thanks!