Accessory, Extension, Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Discontinued does not actively monitor this forum
(but you can still get help from other EE users).

Title Master

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Discontinued

2 of 2

You must be logged in to post.

Quotes being escaped

Bug Report

Blend IMC
# 16
Blend IMC

Ok, so after looking at it, here are a few things I noticed.
1. What are you trying to get Title Master to do? You mentioned that the Title Template Field is left blank, but the URL Title field has {title} in it. How is this different that what EE is already doing? I’m trying to figure out what you are wanting to accomplish with this, since it is a scenario outside of the typical TitleMaster usage. Usually you generate the Title and URL Title fields based off of other fields in that channel, not the title Field. Ideally both the Title and URL Title Fields will a.) not be empty and b.) be made up of a combination of fields that are not the Title Field.
2. Do you have the Title Master Accessory turned on? Your screenshots are showing the Title field but that is hidden via the TitleMaster Accessory. The Accessory hides the Title & URL TItle fields and puts in “Autofill Title” as the default title. This is also why it is not advisable to put {title} in the Templates or to leave one blank.

Can you try turning on the Accessory for Title Master and putting in values from the Custom Fields, not the Title in both the Title & URL Title Template Fields? If you need a Title like field still, it would work better to just add another field that you can enter text into then manipulate it in the Title Master Settings to set it as the Title Field with any manipulations you do to it.

Sneed's Feed & Seed
# 17
Sneed's Feed & Seed

1. What are you trying to get Title Master to do?

The only reason I need Title Master is to make entry titles and URL titles longer. I don’t want to hack the core and Title Master is the only add-on that does that. I don’t need any other feature besides that, and I can’t use a title template because it’s for channels like Blog and Press Releases with unique entry titles.

2. Do you have the Title Master Accessory turned on?

Yes, it’s turned on. The title field is always available, but the URL Title field is hidden until the entry is published. Once the entry is published the URL Title field becomes available again.

If you need a Title like field still, it would work better to just add another field that you can enter text into then manipulate it in the Title Master Settings to set it as the Title Field with any manipulations you do to it.

I may have to do that, but it seems damned inconvenient :/

Blend IMC
# 18
Blend IMC

Ok, I figured it out. I actually added the title lengthening feature after the fact, and never thought of someone using it by itself. What I will do is add a functionality that will check to see if the Title and URL Title Template are empty and if so it will do nothing to them. This will allow you to leave both fields blank and just set the title and url title length for the channel. How does that sound?

Sneed's Feed & Seed
# 19
Sneed's Feed & Seed

That sounds magnificent, thank you!

Blend IMC
# 20
Blend IMC

Updated. Now just leave the Title and URL Title fields blank and it will leave your fields alone, and you will be free to set whatever you want for the Field Lengths. (Note: I forgot if you leave the Fields blank Title Master will not hide them on the Entry Screen, so you accessory is working fine, my bad.)

Sneed's Feed & Seed
# 21
Sneed's Feed & Seed

Excellent, thank you very much!

Sneed's Feed & Seed
# 22
Sneed's Feed & Seed

Hi Again,

So I’m still having some issues after updating to the new version.

After updating and leaving the title and url title templates blank, Title Master isn’t auto-extending the URL Title anymore. For example, if I enter this title:

Really Long Blog Title It’s So Long Look How Long It Is It Just Keeps Going and Going

The URL Title stops here:

really-long-blog-title-its-so-long-look-how-long-it-is-it-just-keeps-going-

And the URL title isn’t updated on save, either.

I can manually type out the URL Title to the extended length, but it doesn’t autofill.

Blend IMC
# 23
Blend IMC

Ok, so the autofill is a Expression Engine thing that is not currently part of Title Master. I may try to modify EE’s native JS, but it wont be in place at least for 2-3 weeks. And as far as the URL Title isn’t updated on save either, are you saying when you edit the entry, the url title doesn’t update or it just doesn’t show? What value do you have set for “Update URL Titles on Channel Entry Edit “?

Sneed's Feed & Seed
# 24
Sneed's Feed & Seed

And as far as the URL Title isn’t updated on save either, are you saying when you edit the entry, the url title doesn’t update or it just doesn’t show?

When I edit the entry, the url title does not update.

I’m fine with the title not auto-filling visually, but obviously I need it to update to the full length on publish/update, which it isn’t doing.

I’ve attached a screenshot of my settings.

Blend IMC
# 25
Blend IMC

Ok, 2 things.

1. I updated the plugin so it should now allow auto fill url titles that are longer than 75 characters.
2. Since you have nothing entered in the template fields, Title Master will not do anything to your titles and url titles. It will leave them exactly the way they are entered when you click submit.

Sneed's Feed & Seed
# 26
Sneed's Feed & Seed

Well, it works for Structure URLs but not native URL Titles.

Same problem, the URL Title can be manually typed in to the longer length but not auto-filled. It does not update to the longer url title on publish/edit, either.

Again, the Structure URL works perfectly, but the native URL Title field is still not working. So for my specific requirements on this particular Structure-managed site, I’m good, but I thought I should let you know it’s still not 100% :/

Sneed's Feed & Seed
# 27
Sneed's Feed & Seed

Have you made any progress on the native URL Title issue? It definitely would be nice to have that fixed since, while the current site is using Structure, it may not always be that way. I want to make sure the correct URL titles are recorded in the DB for future use. Please let me know if you need any additional information to help fix this issue, thanks!

2 of 2