Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Yuri Salimovskiy

1 of 2

Couple 2.6 Errors

Support Request

mithra62
mithra62

Hi Yuri,

I’ve noticed a couple issues with this module in EE 2.6.

1. Lots of Deprecated notices that are stacking up HUGE SQL queries for the logging. Any chance of getting those updated?

2. The comment variables are being parsed before the module can get to them. For example, having {email} in a comment form or thread list will be replaced by the current logged in user. So, if I’m logged in then all the comments show as being by me. If *no one* is logged in the string is replaced with nothing.

Big fan of this module by the way. It fills such an obvious niche it’s amazing EL hasn’t absorbed it yet. Good job.

Thanks,
Eric

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 1
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Hi Eric,

the latest version fo module should have issue #2 fixed, are you running latest module version and still have this problem?

I’ll take care of depracated functions soon, a few of my modules need that, I just need a bit more time :)

mithra62
# 2
mithra62

Yeah, I’m running the latest versions of EE and Threaded Comments.

Thanks,
Eric

Maza
# 3
Maza

Great plugin thanks for developing it.

I am not posting this to rush you just as information regarding the deprecated functions you have on your to do list.

This is a warning I am getting in EE 2.6. Thanks a lot

mithra62
# 4
mithra62

FWIW, a little rush wouldn’t be too out of line though that’s NO fault of your fine product. EE does a SELECT query for EVERY deprecated method call so with Threaded Comments having so many of them, it’s adding on around 6 SELECT statements per comment. That’s a lot. I had a site that had over 200 SELECT statements on a single article page just due to EEs stupid handling of their logging.

Just throwing it out there.

Thanks,
Eric

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 5
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

I hope to get all those warnings fixed by end of this week.
I did not receive developer preview’s copy of EE 2.6. release, and now need to go through all of my modules to make sure they work well with all latest EE changes - so please give me just a couple more days.
I know these errors are annoying - but gladly they’re not critical for site performance. I’ll fix them soon; thank you for your patience :)

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 6
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Just released an update - please give it a try.
Please let me know if it still raises any issues.

Bhashkar Yadav
# 7
Bhashkar Yadav

Hi Yuri,

I am using this module in EEv2.6. On submitting comment, I am seeing blank page. While investing I found that the code (around line number 200 in mod.threaded_comments.php) is blocking for further execution.

$edata $EXT->call('insert_comment_start');
if (
$EXT->end_script === TRUE) return; 

Could you please suggest me.

Thanks,

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 8
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Hi Bhashkar,

do you have any comment-related extensions?
Can you try disabling extensions and see if it solves the issue?
Also, set EE debugging preferences to show errors to everyone and see if you get any message instead of blank page.

YM
# 9
YM

Hi,

I’m getting error as well using EE2.6.1 and the latest Threaded Comments module

Fatal errorob_start() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /home/site/public_html/system/codeigniter/system/core/Exceptions.php on line 166 
Yuri Salimovskiy
# 10
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Could one of the files get corrupt? Try replacing the files.

FYI, Threaded Comments does not use ob_start() function by itself.

YM
# 11
YM

I’ve removed the folder and uploaded the latest 2.4.4 again and I get the same error

Bhashkar Yadav
# 12
Bhashkar Yadav
Yuri Salimovskiy - 11 May 2013 12:35 AM

Hi Bhashkar,

do you have any comment-related extensions?
Can you try disabling extensions and see if it solves the issue?
Also, set EE debugging preferences to show errors to everyone and see if you get any message instead of blank page.

Thanks Yuri,

Let me check for it. I hope, it would fix the issue.

Thanks,

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 13
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

YM, where do you see the error? In Control Panel or on site pages? Does it go away when you uninstall the module?

YM
# 14
YM

Hi,

I guess its not a wise thing to uninstall the module as I will loose connection in the database?

YM
# 15
YM

Hi,

I forgot to say this error on the frond end, not the backend, only for articles with comments

1 of 2