ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Yuri Salimovskiy

You must be logged in to post.

Reply To Email Not Set Properly?

Support Request

JanPaul999
JanPaul999

When users receive notifications the reply-to email is not what is set in the EE email config. Instead it’s the email of the user that posted the new comment…

This is what is showing in gmail when I look at the email details:

[site name] [reply-to-email set in EE config] via mail2.us4.mandrillapp.com
reply to: [commenter email from the comment that the user is being notified about] (not reply-to-email set in EE config)

Why is the reply-to email not set as the reply-to email? (It’s only set as the sender).

And also, why is it instead set to the email of commenter. That’s also a privacy concern since the commenter never agreed to have his email shared with other commenters.

p.s., i asked the same question in the ee forums here as i am not sure where the problem lies:
http://expressionengine.com/forums/viewthread/227702/

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 1
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

You’re right about privacy concerns, reply-to should be set only in emails to admins.
I’ll fix this in next release, meanwhile you can simply comment out all reply_to lines
//$this->EE->email->reply_to

JanPaul999
# 2
JanPaul999

“You’re right about privacy concerns, reply-to should be set only in emails to admins.”

Shouldn’t the reply-to also be set for notification emails? I mean but hen instead of using the commenter email the email in EE’s email config would be used?

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 3
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

If it’s same that ‘from’ email so it’s not required

loemrntdherid1
# 4
loemrntdherid1