Taggable

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Jamie Rumbelow

Displaying the tag entries

Support Request

David Roberts
David Roberts

I am having a problem displaying the tag entries on a site using Taggable.

When you click on the link for the Tag and you are sent to the page with all the links for that Tag. You then click on a link to get sent to that page it does not go to that page. the code is below. Also is there anyway of not showing the numbers below in the URL?

S=877202fd1728e22fe2ef1d74232003916748c2de

Posts tagged with ‘{segment_3}’

{exp:channel:entries channel=“notebook-link” search:notebook_link_tag=”{segment_3}”}

{title}

{/exp:channel:entries}

Jamie Rumbelow
# 1
Developer
Jamie Rumbelow

Hello David,

Apologies you’re having issues with Taggable.

Your first issue, that problem is an issue with your PHP or ExpressionEngine configuration, definitely not Taggable. That’s called a session key, and it’s what PHP uses to keep track of your user session. It shouldn’t be appearing on your site’s front-end, but should in the administration panel.

Secondly, it’s currently impossible for me to tell whether your code should work or not. What template is it in? Additionally, what code is displaying and showing the tags? Thirdly, is your Taggable custom field called notebook_link_tag or something different?

Thanks,

Jamie

David Roberts
# 2
David Roberts

Jamie

Fixed the session key.

The template is in templete group/template - notebook/notebook-article

<p>Tags{notebook_link_tag backspace="2"}<a href="{path='notebook/tag'}/{url_name}">{name}</a>, {/notebook_link_tag}</p

This show the tags in the article.

Then when you click on the tag it takes you to a page (notebook/tag -templete group/template) to show all the titles with the same tag, code below. Then I wanted to be able to link back to the article from the any of the titles listed.

Thanks, David

<h2>Posts tagged with &lsquo;{segment_3}&rsquo;</h2>
{exp:channel:entries channel="notebook-link" search:notebook_link_tag="{segment_3}"}
<h3><a href="{title_permalink}">{title}</a></h3>
{/exp:channel:entries} 
Jamie Rumbelow
# 3
Developer
Jamie Rumbelow

Unless you’ve set it up as a custom field, {title_permalink} isn’t a tag. You should use EE’s {url_title_path} instead.

David Roberts
# 4
David Roberts

Thanks for that, but its still not working correctly.

I am getting database error as per example below.

Also some of the articles which are tagged don’t show up in the list of Posts tagged with ‘xxx’. So for example, an article tagged with books, when you click on ‘books’ it should show up in the list tagged with books. But it does not. It is in the list of tags etc.

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1054

Unknown column ‘tag_name’ in ‘order clause’

SELECT exp_taggable_tags.id, exp_taggable_tags.name, exp_taggable_tags.description FROM (exp_taggable_tags) WHERE `exp_taggable_tags`.`site_id` = ‘1’ AND `exp_taggable_tags`.`name` LIKE ‘S%’ GROUP BY exp_taggable_tags.id ORDER BY tag_name ASC

Filename: third_party/taggable/libraries/Model.php

Line Number: 143

David Roberts
# 5
David Roberts

Jamie,

I really need to get this fixed or otherwise take it off the site if its not working and there are errors occurring.

Thanks
David