Extension, Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

For official support, visit the official support site »

Subscriber

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Wes Baker

MERGE custom fields with MailChimp

Support Request

ehodgso
ehodgso

What is the easiest way to pass data from a custom field to a MailChimp MERGE field. I set up a form that will ask users if they want to receive monthly emails. I use a checkbox on the Subscriber form (labeled “optin”) that I then set up the custom field to push the value “yes” to MailChimp through the Custom Fields section. I used the proper MERGE field number which points to a radio button field in the Sign Up form in MailChimp with “yes” and “no” options.

When I test, the “yes” value is not being passed. Help.

wesbaker
# 1
Developer
wesbaker

So the name of your input should match the name of field associated with the MERGE field. e.g. if you had a checkbox like so:

<input type="checkbox" name="custom_field" value="yes" /> 

In the backend, you’d use the name custom_field and whatever MERGE field you wanted that value to go to.

Tad Ward
# 2
Tad Ward

Hey Wes, I’m not getting my Custom Fields passed to MailChimp.

My form is using Freeform Pro and I have a single custom field:
Field name: job_title
Merge Tag: MMERGE5

My code:

{exp:subscriber:form form_id="1"}
<input type="hidden" value="Java" name="job_title" class="">
<
input type="hidden" name="subscribe_to_newsletter" value="yes" /> 

The user does get signed up and it is with or without the ‘subscribe_to_newsletter’ field. The Job Title value doesn’t get passed to MC however

What am I missing?

Tad Ward
# 3
Tad Ward

The job_title field needs to be an actual Freeform field and not just a static field.

Thanks Wes!