Extension, Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

For official support, visit the official support site »

Subscriber

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Wes Baker

Campain Monitior subscriber list ID from custom field

General

MH Webdesign
MH Webdesign

Hi,

For a client of mine, I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to populate the subscriber list ID from a channel’s custom field. Out of the box you can define separate lists/forms in Subscriber, but I’m trying to find a way to make a relation between these and entries.

I’ve got a channel named events, with each entry being a separate event where visitors can subscribe to via a form on the front end of the website. Each event has a subscriber list in Campaign Monitor, where confirmation mails get send from, as soon as a subscriber joins the list (Campaign Monitor’s automation feature).

It would be great if the website’s administrator could just enter the subscriber list ID from Campain Monitor, and subscribers get added to that same list. Perhaps via an extra param like this?

{exp:subscriber:form 
 form_id
="1"

list_id="{cm_listid}"
}
{/exp:subscriber:form} 

It would save the administrator a lot of work creating Subscriber forms for each entry and making the relationship with these somehow. Would be great if someone could help me out.

wesbaker
# 1
Developer
wesbaker

An override wouldn’t be hard to do, but I’m on vacation at the moment. Another option is to create a few form settings and use a drop down paired with an if statement to pick the correct Subscriber form.

MH Webdesign
# 2
MH Webdesign

Hi Wesbaker. I haven’t got a strict deadline for my project, but it would be nice if I could make it work via an override parameter. If you could be so kind, it would be greatly appreciated.

wesbaker
# 3
Developer
wesbaker

Hello there! I’ve just added a list_id override in Subscriber 5.2.0. Download it and let me know how it works for you.

MH Webdesign
# 4
MH Webdesign
wesbaker - 19 June 2017 12:09 PM

Hello there! I’ve just added a list_id override in Subscriber 5.2.0. Download it and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks a million, will try this out!