Fieldtype

Developer
Supported

Subdir Upload

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Laisvunas

You must be logged in to post.

Creating upload subdirectory on the fly?

General

Brainwrek
Brainwrek

Your documentation includes both of these points:

2) Upload to subdirectories only - yes/no. This will permit the files to be uploaded only into subdirectories, not into parent directory.

6) Hide directories list - yes/no. If you plan to upload files into single directory, you can hide hide directories list. Files will be uploaded into directory selected by default. In case you set “yes”, you MUST define Directory selected by default.

If Upload to subdirectories is YES and Hide directories list is YES, then would I be able to create the upload subdirectory ‘on the fly’?

Here’s what I’m doing…

[1] I have a SafeCracker form for users to create new entries.
[2] For reasons beyond this discussion—I’m using PHP to create a unique (16 digit) random hash and inserting that hash into a hidden custom field.
[3] So I want to upload the images to a subdirectory like so:  /uploads/###MyRandomHash###/

Therefore, my question is… is there a way to insert my random hash into a hidden SAEF field and then force Subdir Upload to create (and upload to) that folder on the fly?  Or am I misunderstanding the “Upload to subdirectories only” feature?

Thank you.

Laisvunas
# 1
Developer
Laisvunas

If Upload to subdirectories is YES and Hide directories list is YES, then would I be able to create the upload subdirectory ‘on the fly’?

No, currently it is not possible to create subdirectories on the fly.