View Other Add-ons From Yuri Salimovskiy

You must be logged in to post.

PHP notices thrown when password not sent

Support Request

John D Wells
John D Wells

Hi Yuri,

[ Running SA Member Edit 2.2.6, EE 2.4 ]

I’m building a simple form where the only field a member can modify is his/her Screen Name.  So I have two fields:

screen_name
current_password

When I submit the form, I see the following error:

SeverityNotice
Filename
sa_member_edit/mod.sa_member_edit.php
Line Number

I can see in the code that at line 210 you explicitly set a local variable $password, based on the contents of $_POST[‘password’] (or if none passed simply an empty string).  So I assume that at line 234, you intended to pass that variable $password, rather than fetching from the $_POST again?  I’ve made the patch locally and it works for me.

Cheers,
John

nicole.guzman
# 1
nicole.guzman

Hi I am also getting this error, can you let me know what the fix was?

John D Wells
# 2
John D Wells

Hi Nicole,

I’m afraid I ended up dumping SA Member Edit in favor of Solspace’s User module, which works well and had a handful of other features that I was after.

Also, I’m not entirely confident in my patch mentioned above, so please be cautious if you try it out!

Cheers,
John

Amity Web
# 3
Amity Web

I am also getting this. Any update from the sa_member developers? I dont want to use Solspaces User. We are just editing some custom fields, no need to ask for password.
Thanks

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 4
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

This module in no longer actively developed, so if you have some troubles - I suggest switching to Freemember module, wich does all same things and even more and is also free.

Amity Web
# 5
Amity Web

I made the above suggestions to not redeclare the password variables using POST again and it works OK.