Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Derek Hogue

You must be logged in to post.

Soundclouded suddenly stopped working

Support Request

GJ
GJ

Hello.

All of a sudden Soundclouded stopped working and generates this code: The requested URL responded with HTTP code 0.

Who can be of assistence to fix this unexpected error?

Best regards,
Gertjan

Derek Hogue
# 1
Developer
Derek Hogue

Hmm, nothing should have changed. How are you using the add-on? As a fieldtype, or manually with a template tag? What kind of resource are you displaying (track, playlist)? And, does this issue persists? Could be a temporary hiccup with the API server. (SoundCloud does go down a lot.)

GJ
# 2
GJ

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your reply. Te problem persits. Soundclouded gives this error for over a week now. Ik re-uploaded the files to my EE-directory. Even if I use your example code and change the user to my username of someone else’s, it still generates the error.

This is the code I use. My site is a portfolio, so I check whether a field (which I use in an entry) is empty or not. If it’s not empty, it shows. It can be a Soundcloud-track, a Soundcloud-playlist or a YouTube-video.

EXAMPLE:

{exp:channel:entries channel=“soundbites” search:audio_tag=”{post:tag}” limit=“1” dynamic=“on” disable=“categories|member_data|pagination”}

{if soundclouded_playlists}
{exp:soundclouded:playlist playlist=”{soundcloud_playlist_id}” {embed_soundcloud_widgets_voorkeuren_playlist}}
<div class=“wrapper indent-bot clearfix”>
<figure class=“img-wrapper1”>{soundcloud_widget_html}</figure>
<div class=“extra-wrap”>
<div class=“color-1”><div class=“text-3”>{tijdstempel}: {title}</div><div class=“text-3k”>{omschrijving_kort}</div>{if sticky == “y”}{embed_sticky}{/if}</div>
{omschrijving}
{embed_social_share}{embed_tags}
</div>
</div>
{/exp:soundclouded:playlist}

{if:elseif soundclouded_tracks}
{exp:soundclouded:track track=”{soundcloud_track_id}” {embed_soundcloud_widgets_voorkeuren_playlist}}
<figure class=“img-wrapper1”>{soundcloud_widget_html}</figure>
<div class=“extra-wrap”>
<div class=“color-1”><div class=“text-3”>{tijdstempel}: {title}</div><div class=“text-3k”>{omschrijving_kort}</div>{if sticky == “y”}{embed_sticky}{/if}</div>
{omschrijving}
</div>
</div>
{/exp:soundclouded:track}

{if:else}
<figure class=“img-wrapper1”>{embed_youtube}</figure>
<div class=“extra-wrap”>
{omschrijving}
</div>
</div>
{/if}

{/exp:channel:entries}

END EXAMPLE

I use EE 2.11.6, PHP 5.5 with cUrl.

Derek Hogue
# 3
Developer
Derek Hogue

Can you try a very simple example in a new template for me? I just tested tracks and playlists with various user accounts and found no issue.

{exp:soundclouded:tracks user="ctrl-click-cast" limit="1"}
{soundcloud_widget_html}
{
/exp:soundclouded:tracks} 
GJ
# 4
GJ

I just tried it, took out all other code and I still get the same response. I really don’t have a clue..

Derek Hogue
# 5
Developer
Derek Hogue

Try this for me: open the file soundclouded/libraries/Soundcloud.php. in that file, add the following code on line 923 (just after $info = curl_getinfo($ch)).

exit(print_r($info)); 

Let me know what it outputs to the screen when you load your page again.

GJ
# 6
GJ

When I reload the new template without any other code than your code I get this:

Array ( [url] => https://api.soundcloud.com/v1/resolve?url=https://soundcloud.com/ctrl-click-cast&consumer_key=d09cfd4234486fe1129732a31f0e81e9 [content_type] => [http_code] => 0 [header_size] => 0 [request_size] => 0 [filetime] => -1 [ssl_verify_result] => 0 [redirect_count] => 0 [total_time] => 0 [namelookup_time] => 0.010131 [connect_time] => 0.025574 [pretransfer_time] => 0 [size_upload] => 0 [size_download] => 0 [speed_download] => 0 [speed_upload] => 0 [download_content_length] => 0 [upload_content_length] => 0 [starttransfer_time] => 0 [redirect_time] => 0 ) 1 
Derek Hogue
# 7
Developer
Derek Hogue

Very odd. Can you check in with your host to see whether they’ve changed anything regarding cURL recently? I cannot replicate this issue - it looks like your cURL request is failing.

GJ
# 8
GJ

Okay.. Thank you Derek for checking and helping me so far. Much appreciated! One last question: is Soundclouded (gonna be) ready for EE3?

Derek Hogue
# 9
Developer
Derek Hogue

No plans to bring this EE3 I’m afraid, as I’ve literally sold I think 2 or 3 licenses for EE2, haha.

GJ
# 10
GJ

Ah, I can imagine :-) But I’m happy to be one of the happy few ;-) Thanks again!