ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Shotwell Company

Socialee and EE 2.4

Support Request

VIM Interactive
VIM Interactive

Hello,

When do you plan on releasing a version of Soicalee that is compatible with EE 2.4? Please let me know so we can decide which path to take. Thanks.

Fusionary
# 1
Fusionary

I haven’t used Socialee yet, but am looking to use it with EE 2.4.

What exactly isn’t compatible? Is there a workaround to allow it to work?

VIM Interactive
# 2
VIM Interactive

It works you just have to place the hack in a different file.

Instead of placing it in the mod.member_auth.php its placed in the auth.php file, inside the _authenticate function at line 445 or so.

/* -------------------------------------------
/* 'member_member_password_override' hook.
/*  - Override the password for login with a third party provider
/*  - Added for Shotwell's Socialee 1.2
*/

$password $this->EE->extensions->call('member_member_password_override'$this->EE->input->get_post('username'), $query->row('password'));
        if (
$this->EE->extensions->end_script === TRUE) return;
/*
/* -------------------------------------------*/ 
The BioLogos Foundation
# 3
The BioLogos Foundation

Hi all,

The above code won’t work, as EE has changed much more to the login process than the filename. Here’s what I used and am using in production:

Immediately AFTER line #544 in system/expressionengine/libraries/Auth.php which looks like:

$hashed_pair $this->hash_password($password$m_salt$h_byte_size); 

insert the following code:

/* -------------------------------------------
    /* 'member_member_password_override' hook.
    /*  - Override the password for login with a third party provider
    /*  - Added for Shotwell's Socialee 1.2
    */

if($social_pw $this->EE->extensions->call('member_member_password_override'$member->row('username'), $password)){
            $hashed_pair 
= array(

'salt'  => '',

'password' => $social_pw

);     

}

if ($this->EE->extensions->end_script === TRUE) return;

/*
    /* -------------------------------------------*/ 
VIM Interactive
# 4
VIM Interactive

The code i added works fine in version 2.4 as thats what im using. You are correct that it goes after the $hashed_pair line. I just doubled checked a new 2.4 download and the $hashed_pair line is 444.

Russ Back
# 5
Russ Back

I’m getting the same issue in EE 2.5.2 but the hack worked. Does this mean that moving forward this will only work with a hacked EE core?

Also, I’m getting a successful login from LinkedIn but the email address isn’t being populated.

Rather alarmingly also, I’m also finding that in the modal, I click on ‘Not You’ to change from one LinkedIn user (recognised by cookie?) to another and after clicking on the login with LinkedIn link that appears, I still get logged in as the cookied user

Any thoughts?

shotwell
# 6
Developer
shotwell

We’re gonna run a few tests and get back to you ASAP.

Russ Back
# 7
Russ Back

Thanks.

I also noticed that each new member gets a broken avatar image. I would have thought it should be not set at all.

shotwell
# 8
Developer
shotwell

First of all, we updated the installation instructions for EE 2.3 to 2.5.x, which makes Socialee compatible with those versions.

Also, regarding the email field not being populated, Janrain makes it clear that email address is not available from LinkedIn, Twitter and MySpace, as you can see here : http://developers.janrain.com/documentation/engage/reference/user-profile-data/ . To overcome this issue, Socialee has the {exp:socialee:finish} tag, to be included at the bottom of the login landing page (defined by the return_url attribute of the login tag). This tag will ask the user’s email in order to finish the registration process.

Regarding the “Not You” link issue, I found that the Janrain widget does not log you out from LinkedIn. In order to be able to log in from another address, you need to first log out from LinkedIn, and then click on the “Not You” link.

Now the broken avatar, I did not had time to test it yet, and will investigate, but could you tell me from what services you are getting broken avatars ?

Russ Back
# 9
Russ Back

Thanks I’ll take a look at all of that. LinkedIn is the only service we’re using so that’s the service that results in a broken avatar