Social Sign On

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Laisvunas

Does this add-on support Windows Live?

General

abed
abed

I’ve read that it uses the HybridAuth library so I’m assuming it does, but it’s not indicated in any of the pictures. I’m basically looking to support logging in via Google, AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo!, and Facebook.

Laisvunas
# 1
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

Since this add-on was released Microsoft made many changes in Windows Live service. I’m not sure that Hybridauth library was updated in time to match these changes. I will check and post in this thread.

abed
# 2
abed

Was kind of worried about that sort of thing with federated login approach. That’s been my experience using custom stuff to support Facebook in different apps, get new problems all the time.

Let me know what you find out =)

Laisvunas
# 3
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

I released version 2.2 of Social Sign On based on the latest version of Hybridauth library.

I tested Windows Live and found that it works correctly in v.2.2.

abed
# 4
abed

Awesome!!! Looks like you’ll have a customer as soon as I’m up to that part of development (just started EE from scratch yesterday).

Just to be sure for Windows Live we still have to make some sort of account/application and configure it accordingly, correct?

Thanks!

Laisvunas
# 5
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

For each registration provider you need to register application.

How to register applications is described here and how to register Windows Live application is described here.