Extension

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Snaptcha

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Brian Litzinger

Long Horizontal Scrollbar with RTL Direction

Support (Resolved)

REMOVED5g9d8n6ng
REMOVED5g9d8n6ng

When I use the following in my css:

html {direction:rtl;

I get a long horizontal scrollbar in any page that uses snaptcha.

This problem appears in Firefox.

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
PutYourLightsOn

try changing line 63 in ext.snaptcha.php to:

$field '<div style="display: none; position: absolute !important; top: -10000px !important; left: -10000px !important;"><input type="text" id="'.$name.'" name="'.$name.'" value="'.$value.'" /></div>'.NL
REMOVED5g9d8n6ng
# 2
REMOVED5g9d8n6ng

Problem solved! Thanks for help.

Are you going to add this to your next version? because it’s kinda difficult to change it with every update.

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
PutYourLightsOn

probably not as it is preferred to keep the element visible but out of site using absolute positioning.

REMOVED5g9d8n6ng
# 4
REMOVED5g9d8n6ng

I agree with you. Then what about using this:

$field '<div style="position: absolute !important; top: -10000px !important;"><input type="text" id="'.$name.'" name="'.$name.'" value="'.$value.'" /></div>'.NL

According to W3C recommendation on this link regarding absolutely positioned, replaced elements:
“If both ‘left’ and ‘right’ have the value ‘auto’, then if the ‘direction’ property of the element establishing the static-position containing block is ‘ltr’, set ‘left’ to the static position; else if ‘direction’ is ‘rtl’, set ‘right’ to the static position.”

By default, left and right properties are set to auto.

So, removing left property from the original code solves my problem and keeps visibility of the element too.

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
PutYourLightsOn

great!! i’ll add this in the next release

PutYourLightsOn
# 6
PutYourLightsOn

added in 1.6.5