Extension

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Snaptcha

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Brian Litzinger

Failed the Security Test

Support (Resolved)

AndyMic
AndyMic

Hello,
I have installed Snaptcha on an EE 5.2.2 site that is using EE Harbor Forms module, and I have enabled snaptcha in the add on config file, and removed our captcha field from the form. The docs say “disable captcha in the channel pref”, but I’m not seeing that, other than removing the captcha field from the form.

I do see the snaptcha field in the source for the form but upon submission I get the follow error:

The form you submitted contained the following errors
Sorry, you have failed the security test. Please ensure that you have javascript enabled and that you refresh the page that you are trying to submit.
Return to Previous Page

I have disabled snaptcha for now but please advise me on troubleshooting this.
Thanks
Andy

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
PutYourLightsOn

Hi Andy,

The forms that Snaptcha supports are listed here:
https://putyourlightson.com/plugins/snaptcha-ee#using-snaptcha

Since EE Harbor Forms is not on the list, you’ll need to add a `{exp:snaptcha:field}` inside of the `form` tags as described here:
https://putyourlightson.com/plugins/snaptcha-ee#template-tags

Let me know if that works for you.

-Ben

AndyMic
# 2
AndyMic

Thanks Ben. EE Harbor Forms is DevDemon Forms and within that add on config there is an option for snaptcha. I activated that and I do get the snaptcha field in my form. (I found this info in one of your old support posts. ;-)

I also found another post where you mentioned a possible java conflict with google analytics java outside of the head section. I do have that outside the head on this one and will fiddle with that tomorrow.

One thing I’m not sure about (because really I’m just a site builder ;-) is the javascript for high and medium, is that something I need to put together or does the addon output that?

Andy

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
PutYourLightsOn

Ok great! The add-on should take care of the JavaScript for you.