Module

Developer
Supported

Smart Export PRO

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From ZealousWeb

     

You must be logged in to post.

Strange Character Encoding in CSV/Excel

General

tunnel7
tunnel7

After exporting some data from EE I’m noticing some strange character encoding issues. Any guidance here?
I’ve tried changing a few settings in the “general settings” area of the app but no dice. These issues are occurring when exporting a CSV and then opening in Excel. I’ve tried importing text data and choosing the encoding. Opening the file in Text Wrangler on a Mac shows something decipherable.
‹

“ÌL/¹‰Y-.-RÍ©ßؘ”
“#¬^ÞÔ[¹tžuM¹Z•µ\²^­ò¦=É>-ËUqävÓ¢éò²Zíå£E[ý¦iÿc[ÿ®“O֛¬¸.š½ÜV+¯öYñYnÖµY+;WvöÑ6[Ô¯Z.ˆ=ím!%!ÇîË݅ü6ïð\õ<›—Mۍ»R6_™l÷ò•á>|’7ÍWW*2ò$Ù®Þ®fãIòÞBn°ÎvyÙáQʖKXã­ê”
îw”ë¹*ږB=­«V¤P䶾¶’ϳé²È7òšÍ•ì<—‡Þɻ̹ì<_—˜ySÕ¬qû~¨‘rí
“Jî*{$+ê7{-O Øìñ(xjyÝ嶺*Üo&«3¢üK½vQýPóo»e![-Ë˜\¬‹¼ÂšØ-Ïÿø­ì¨|ú $V.u®Z΋¶Û¯ŠßߑOq9ÃqQÎÎ˓ÊåsyöìÙîð²Z¬Êv)_íôÝMEÚ²Ûã=Þäm›O—r;…yÓ­ë­¾œ‚·ÎÛ®h‚hÈ%SQårÕµ^ñåZ®UWú¦þj³¢À·wus…§ßé ¸y’;«[:Ë×òäO³‹‰Ü3ûõ£ÓÑéé)Þ”Üq“—rHòéUöësþ5kkì§ÜO¾ðXþ-YWÝò$ûÍj†ï\Úw×”Ÿ]g‹×£ß4ü3žQ¾= 2ùr–5²ä|»g”
´_G~ ±’½ÈWYUÈï‘u³¬ë™H€Êã¶k¯J YÆg¢ä÷”·¢Òº¦(Æ«ç{-‡Qα
ƉmCÔi*»ªÒhû¡ä÷0°ò¨Å>j´xõ¦–UZClëíbù›õ

tunnel7
# 1
tunnel7

Good morning.  A quick note to follow up on the post above.

ZealousWeb
# 2
Developer
ZealousWeb

Hello

I have read the thread at devot:ee, I am sorry for the inconvenience which you are facing.
If you are comfortable to give me admin access then it will be good check what exactly are you facing with field type

If you are agree to give me a admin access the please also give me a channel name also so that I can check exactly.

please send a credential at ee@zealousweb.com

Have a nice day…

tunnel7
# 3
tunnel7

Thank you for the quick reply.  I have just emailed you the requested credentials.