You must be logged in to post.

Incorrect urls

Support (Resolved)

leroy
leroy

Hello,

All pages generated are mysite.com/page

The urls should actually be mysite.com/template_group/template/page

The only page index from google is the homepage.

Can someone help me resolve this?

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

did you include the channels you want to appear in the sitemap? for each one you can customise the url.

leroy
# 2
leroy

Thanks for your reply Ben.
I realized that I had to customize the url for each channel which I was not doing before. Now, some reason, only 5 or 6 entries appears in the sitemap. Is there a reason for this? When I did the sitemap manually I had all my urls showing. Kinda make me want to go back to the manual slog, which is awful.

leroy
# 3
leroy

All five pages are throwing 404 errors too.

leroy
# 4
leroy

It’s a shame that I have to delete this module…

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

have you set up your channel urls correctly? can you take and attach a screenshot of your Sitemap settings page please?

leroy
# 6
leroy

I’m going to install it again tomorrow and I will show you a screenshot. One thing I noticed is that the only entries that it was pulling in were the ones with the default status of “Open”  which was just 5 entries. I have 7 thousand entries so its a decent size website.

I really need this to work.

leroy
# 7
leroy

I think I figured out what the issue is. It’s looking for the sitemap.php in the root directory and this is causing it to throw a 404 error.

The reason why I was getting 5 urls is because I had a previous sitemap.php in my root directory that I was using to pull in a sitemap.xml that I did manually. I deleted that sitemap.php then the 404 errors started.

I created the sitemap.php template in the /site folder. I need the module to get that file.

leroy
# 8
leroy

Here is a pic of the site map that is being generated. Also, when the view View Rendered Sitemap link is clicked on it throws a 404 error. It’s only pulling entries with a status of Open.

sitemap pic

Here is how I enter the urls:

URLs pic

PutYourLightsOn
# 9
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

you are on an old version of the Sitemap Module, please update to the latest version and then let me know if you have any outstanding issues

leroy
# 10
leroy

I downloaded the latest version and overwrite the previous one. It’s saying version v2.3.2. Is this the correct version?

Plus it’s firing a 404 from the “view generated sitemap” link.

Thanks for your help. I hope I get this fixed.

PutYourLightsOn
# 11
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

you are on EE2 right??

leroy
# 12
leroy

No not at all, I’m ee1.

Thanks,

PutYourLightsOn
# 13
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ah, that would have been helpful to know from the beginning!

multiple status selection per channel was only added in version 2.5 and feature development for EE1 ended at 2.3.2, so only Open entries will work for you.