ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

Future entries code commented out

Support Request

Dylan Smith/Contextdesign

The code that seems to eliminate future entries from appearing in a sitemap is commented out:

~ line 134 in mod.sitemap.php:

// if future entry date then don't include         if ($entry['entry_date'] && $entry['entry_date'] > time())

{

continue;

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

dylan, which version of sitemap are you on? i don’t see the line commented out in version 2.1.3

# 2

Check the 1.x version. I pulled a new d/l of it yesterday, just to see if it was fixed.

I’ve been running 2.0.1, which I opened up yesterday to do some more hacking on, and noticed the line was commented out. It’s still commented out in 2.1.3.

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

what text editor are you using to view the file? in 2.1.3 version for 1.x i see:

// if future entry date then don't include
if ($entry['entry_date'&& $entry['entry_date'time())
{

continue;
# 4

BBEdit.

It looks like there are a bunch of spaces after the comment, before the if statement. Putting a return in there instead fixes it easily enough. The “format date for location” line had the same thing going on.

Also, I just found a bunch of gremlin characters by using BBEdit’s Zap Gremlins tool.

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok i’ll clean up the spaces, thanks for reporting this!

# 6

You’re welcome; no problem.

On a different topic, have you had a chance to address the server offset issue? That’s why I went in to poke around, but I imagine you’d have a better solution than what I came up with.

cheers,

d.