Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

Taxonomy Support?

Support (Resolved)

Boyink
Boyink

Hey Ben -

Thinking I know the answer to this - but does the Sitemap Module play well with Taxonomy?

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

hi michael, it should play nice but it is not fully integrated with Taxonomy. i am planning a major upgrade to the Sitemap Module with added integration with other add-ons but that won’t be ready this year. you’ll probably manage to get most of your site into the sitemap however, so probably worth a try.

Boyink
# 2
Boyink

Thanks Ben -

I’m actually not seeing how I can get most of this site’s contents into it - the majority of the content comes from one Pages channel but gets routed to 3 different URL nodes. Choosing any one path for that channel excludes the other two..

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

hmm i guess it depends on how your site content is structured. i’ve worked on sites in the past that use a few pages but that have multiple channels (news, events, etc.). in this case it is easy to add the pages under “Locations” and the other channels under “Channels”. however if your site consists of mainly a single Pages channel then it probably won’t be so helpful as you would have to add each page as a “Location”. as i said Pages support will be added in future. please feel free to request a refund if the add-on is not suitable for this site and sorry that it doesn’t fulfil your needs.

Boyink
# 4
Boyink

Yea, this site was an existing EE1 build by someone else so it came together differently than it would have from scratch. I’ll likely just end up coding a custom sitemap template.

Thanks Ben!

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

michael, the EE2 version of Sitemap module has {page_url} and {page_uri} tags, these could possibly work with Taxonomy if it use the Pages module. it’s for EE2 only though, just wanted to let you know for next time.