Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Sitemap Module

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Brian Litzinger

Add custom generated virtual URLs?

General

David Hyland
David Hyland

Hi there. Using your add-on would it be possible to also add virtual URLs that are not part of the EE template/channel structure? What I mean is URLs that would provide a search query to a search template, eg: “domain.com/search/searchstring1” and “domain.com/search/searchstring2”, etc.

Or would it involve hacking your code in order to add these in?

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
PutYourLightsOn

yes, you could add these in as locations as long as your EE setup knows what to do with them when accessed through the web browser.

David Hyland
# 2
David Hyland

thanks for your response. would they need to be added individually or could it be “hacked” in a way so as to add them dynamically as there will be hundreds of virtual URLs based on database entries.

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
PutYourLightsOn

hmm, the sitemap module pulls in channel (weblog) entries so if your virtual url’s aren’t in entries then i think you’ll need to change some code.

David Hyland
# 4
David Hyland

yes, i should have said the db entries will be independent from EE. i take it that your add-on has a simple loop to go through all the channel entires? so could an additional loop be added to get all the custom data and spit out all the virutal URLs at the same time?

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
PutYourLightsOn

yes certainly possible