Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Sitemap Module

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Brian Litzinger

Primary category support

Support (Resolved)

Dragan Simonovic
Dragan Simonovic

Hello,

We have a website with more then 25,000 articles in a database and 99% of them are related to multiple categories. Because of that we’re using primary category module to set primary category for each article.

With that said, we need somehow to include primary category in sitemap module in order to get correct URLs.

Could you please help us to achieve it? Any guideline or tip would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
PutYourLightsOn

what exactly do you mean by “primary category”?

Dragan Simonovic
# 2
Dragan Simonovic

That took too long to answer ;)

Anyway, Primary Category is EE module http://www.solspace.com/software/detail/primary_category/

It helps you to set primary category for specific entry. For example, if you have an entry added to a few categories, with primary category you can set entry’s primary category and use it on front-end.

With {categories} you can’t set primary category if entry has been assigned to a few different categories. This is where primary category module jump in.

I need to sort this out because we use primary category for entry URL.

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
PutYourLightsOn

ah i see, i wasn’t familiar with that add-on. the Sitemap Module is not set up to work with the third party {exp:primary_category} tag so i honestly don’t see a way of achieving what you need without a php hack.

Dragan Simonovic
# 4
Dragan Simonovic

Well we can’t change primary category because it’s in URLs so we’ll go for a hack..

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
PutYourLightsOn

ok well good luck