ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

No Sitemap Tab

Support Request

JFlo
JFlo

There is no “Sitemap Tab” appearing in any of my channel posts. Is there something I need to enable?

I did some digging and found that the tab feature was added in version 2.2. That is the version that I purchased and downloaded, but when I looked in the core files for what version I had it was listed as var $version = ‘1.6’; in the ext.sitemap.php file, and it has var $version = ‘2.1.3’ in the file upd.sitemap.php. Is this correct? Did I get an old version of this module somehow?

JFlo
# 1
JFlo

Yep, I re-downloaded the package from here and I now have the current module files. Now I get to set up all the sitemap URLs again. Fun!!

In the future, please make sure the most recent files are up before you let people download…

JFlo
# 2
JFlo

Hmmm, still not seeing any tab for this module. Anyone got any ideas at all?
I’m running EE v2.1.3, Build 20101220

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Yep, I re-downloaded the package from here and I now have the current module files. Now I get to set up all the sitemap URLs again. Fun!!

the sitemap urls are stored in the database so unless you uninstalled the database you won’t need to set them up again.

Hmmm, still not seeing any tab for this module. Anyone got any ideas at all?

are extensions enabled and is the sitemap extension enabled?

JFlo
# 4
JFlo

Yes, I enabled both the module and extension for it. Under my Extensions, all that’s there is Sitemap Pinger. I enabled that too but no help. Is that even part of this module?

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

yes that is part of the add-on. please ensure you have enabled a channel in the module before looking for the tab on the publish page.

JFlo
# 6
JFlo

Oh, I see… I was looking at channels that were added locations. So for these added locations is there any way to get them to ping the search engines, or is that only available to the URLs in the “Channels” list?

PutYourLightsOn
# 7
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

it is only available when the tab is displayed which only occurs for the channels