ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

Sitemap tab does not show.

Support (Resolved)

Brillon
Brillon

I have implemented the sitemap module on another site and everything went well. On this last install, I cannot seem to get the sitemap tab or checkbox to appear. When I go to the “toolbar” (sidebar in EE) to see the custom fields, I see “sitemap” but the eye next to it isn’t loaded. It’s a little box. I can click on it and it loads the eye or the closed eye, but that does nothing to get the tab to display.

I have the version 2.6.3, and EE 2.9.2.

I am running a few extensions like stash, ce cache, field type, solstice tag and usr.

I have double-checked that the channels are included within the sitemap module preferences.

The sitemap is generating, and google is finding it. It works, but the sitemap tab and pinging is not—or appears not to be.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Rick Lecoat
# 1
Rick Lecoat

I’m having a similar problem, except in my case the tab is showing, it just has nothing in it. I’m also seeing the blank box in the toolbar. Clicking it makes the eye appear and after that clicking it makes the eye open and close, but this seems to have no effect upon the Sitemap tab.

Ben, can you help on this?

PutYourLightsOn
# 2
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

rick, what versions of EE and Sitemap are you on? my first piece of advice would be, if you can, to reset the publish layout for the channel that is giving you issues.

Rick Lecoat
# 3
Rick Lecoat
Ben @PutYourLightsOn - 17 February 2015 04:00 PM

rick, what versions of EE and Sitemap are you on? my first piece of advice would be, if you can, to reset the publish layout for the channel that is giving you issues.

Ben; I’m using EE 2.9.2 and Sitemap module 2.6.4. I followed your advice and tried resetting the publish layout for one of my channels. At first I thought that the reset function wasn’t working, until a bit of googling revealed that one needs to refresh the browser window in order to see the reset. (That’s not mentioned in the EE docs AFAICT so I’m mentioning it here in case it helps others). So the reset worked.

Then I thought that there was as a further issue with Sitemap Module, because the Sitemap tab disappeared altogether. This foxed me for a minute until I realised that the channel upon which I was testing the ‘publish layout reset’ was one of the ones that I’d excluded in the Sitemap preferences and replaced with a ‘location’ as per your advice here .

So I tried the same layout reset process with a channel that was included as a channel in the Sitemap prefs, and it worked. The Sitemap tab is still there and now the ping checkbox is visible.

BTW, out of interest I created a new test channel. Upon going to the publish page the Sitemap tab was fully functioning. So the issue seems to be with channels that had publishing layouts set/saved before Sitemap Module was installed. They need to be reset. (Unfortunately that means that I now need to reset and recreate every one of my publishing layouts, but I guess it can’t be helped).

Thanks for the advice, anyway; it’s solved the issue. But maybe there’s something that can be done inside Sitemap so that this isn’t necessary, ie. existing publishing layouts don’t break if Sitemap is installed after they are created)?

Cheers.

PutYourLightsOn
# 4
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

for the channels that are included in the sitemap but that don’t show the sitemap tab on the publish page, you should be able to manually add the sitemap tab show the sitemap field in the layout editor. that way you don’t need to reset the entire layout. make sense?

Rick Lecoat
# 5
Rick Lecoat

In fact the issue was the reverse—Publishing Layouts for channels that had initially been included in the sitemap but had been displaying the ‘broken’ sitemap tab, and that I had subsequently excluded from the sitemap, were still showing a broken Sitemap tab rather than no tab. I’ve already done the reset thing, and so I can’t remember whether the Sitemap tab showed up in the list of tabs inside the toolbar (ie. available to be deleted); I assume not, or else the delete button had no effect, otherwise I’m sure I’d have dealt with it that way. Anyway, it’s all done now, albeit the long way ’round.

PutYourLightsOn
# 6
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok, well i’ll try to look into it a bit more, but EE’s publish layouts can be a bit wonky sometimes. the sitemap module does what it can but the rest is up to how publish layouts work.