Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Sitemap Module

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Brian Litzinger

EE 2.7.0 Sitemap-Module 2.6.2 brings errors when saving a new entry

Bug (Resolved)

awa
awa

When I save a new entry via the CP i get the error messages shown in the screenshots below. When I disable the sitemap module all is fine.
The errors don´t prevent me from saving the new entry.  EE brings all those error messages but in the end the new entry will be saved. Nonetheless not acceptable for the client.
I´m really wondering, what the checkboxex fieldtype has to do with it, since I have disabled this fieldtype via the CP because I dont need a checkbox in this scenario.
The error comes up rehardless if I enable or disable the checkbox fieldtype.

The line 80 that is mentioned in the error message is

foreach($_POST['field_id_'.$this->settings['field_id']] as $idx => $validate

line 79 reads

// They tampered with the array, we'll drop the illegal values 

So, maybe the sitemap interferes with some EE-security rules.

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
PutYourLightsOn

i can’t replicate this error with the same setup. can you test this with the Sitemap Extension enabled and disabled while the module is installed?

awa
# 2
awa

I found the following entry in the developer log:

Deprecated function set_variable() called in system/expressionengine/third_party/sitemap/mcp.sitemap.php on line 41. Deprecated since 2.6. Use view-><var> = <value>; instead

Maybe this can help you

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
PutYourLightsOn

this is just a warning, it is unrelated to your issue. can you test my suggestion above?

awa
# 4
awa

The results of my testing:

Starting point: Sitemap completely disabled.

First test:
Go to Add-ons/Modules in the CP activate the module. In package settings I set module to install and extension to uninstall.
Result: MOD = inst, EXT = disabled
Posted an entry, all fine

Second test
Go to Add-ons/Extensions in the CP and click on “Enable” für the Extension. In the package settings the EXT was set to be installed, the already installed MOD was set to uninstall. I changed that to install.
Result: MOD = inst, EXT = installed
Posted an entry, all fine

Third test
Configured the sitemap (see image attached).
I changed the paths of my 3 channels => no trouble
Changed the statues of the 3 channels => no trouble
When I include the 2nd channel and post an entry => I get the error.

It´s only the Apps-channel, that makes trouble. Artikel and Glossar are fine. I switched the 3 channels on and off to test al permutations. The Apps channel is the culprit.
Artikel and Apps have entries, Glossar is empty.
When I click on “view rendered sitemap” the sitemap looks good. All entries from Artikel and Apps are there.

Custom fields for Apps
File, wygwam, Text Input, Relationships

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
PutYourLightsOn

have you customised the layout in the Apps channel publish page? maybe resetting it will solve the issue.

awa
# 6
awa

Today I published a new entry in my channel “Artikel” and got the error messages regarding the sitemap. When I

Since I have customized the CP for the channels Apps and Artikel for the user groups “Editors” and “Admins” So, i did what you suggested.I reset both channels for both member groups. They look like fresh from installation.

But this didn´t help. The result: I still get the error messages. Only when I exclude both channels from the sitemap the errors dissappear. But excluding 2 of the miost important channels from the sitemap doesn´t make sense.

What else can I do? Where can the sitemap interfere with other parts of the site? I use Matrix fields, Wygwam and Content Elements but no checkbox fields. Why is the checkbox field involved at all?

PutYourLightsOn
# 7
PutYourLightsOn

the sitemap adds a tab to the publish page and there is a checkbox in there. i still don’t know where the error is coming from though. what fieldtypes do you have in that channel that you don’t have in other channels?

awa
# 8
awa

I reset the Apps and the Artikel channels for all user groups, but I don´t have the Sitemap-Tab, that your screenshot shows. I also don´t have a Sitemap entry in the Fields section of the toolbar.
In the glossary channel I have the sitemap tab and a sitemap entry in the Fields section of the toolbar. I never cutomized the glossary channel.
It seems, as if the reset of the other 2 channels didn´t work. But according to EE the reset was sucessfull.

awa
# 9
awa

Regarding the fields in the channels:
Artikel has:
- Textfield
- Matrix (file, 3 Textfields, P&T Fieldpack Dropdown)
- Content Elements (2x Wygwam, Textfield, Table, 4 x Gallery, Embed video, Code)
- Tagger field
- Relationships field

Apps has
- File field
- Wygwam
- 2x Textfield
- Relationships-Field

Glossary has
- Wygwam

PutYourLightsOn
# 10
PutYourLightsOn

this could possibly be caused by another add-on conflicting with the Sitemap module. if you want then i can take a look but will need access to the CP. you can email me directly at info@putyourlightson.net

PutYourLightsOn
# 11
PutYourLightsOn

this issue has been fixed in version 2.6.3