Forum Theme

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Scaffold

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From iain

Scaffold Template Typo - Help with Fix, please?

Support Request

maoDiddy
maoDiddy

I have troubleshot this with EllisLab and they determined that there is a missing slash in one of the Scaffold theme template files.

Here is how I identified and can reproduce the issue:

When I find a forum member from the Member List, click on their name and then click send private message, it works. The path it gives is: /community/forums/member/messages/pm/14 (where 14 is the member ID)

However, when I try to send a PM to a user in the buddy list, it fails because the URL is being built wrong:

In the buddy list, the link for the buddy name is built as:
/community/forums/member/messages/pm14/

(Note the missing slash between “pm” and the member id)

Adding the slash back in gets you to the right page. I can’t locate the theme file to edit this code.

Can you point me to the file to correct this and also include the fix in the next scaffold release?

Please let me know if you can help.

Thank you!
-m

maoDiddy
# 1
maoDiddy

Bump?

iain
# 2
Developer
iain

ok, so if you search for the string “lang:private_message” throughout the scaffold code base, you’ll see all instances of where users can send private messages.

Your problem, would appear to stem from the template “forum_member/buddies_block_row.html”

If you look at the code there, you’ll see how the anchor is made:

a href="path:send_pm" ... 

I don’t see how I can omit a slash from that, because EE is parsing path:send_pm.

It *could* be a problem with Scaffold, but I’m 99% sure it isn’t and it’s a bug in EE. Can you switch the themes to one of the default and confirm the problem doesn’t exist when you do please.

iain
# 3
Developer
iain

Far out, I can replicate on ExpressionEngine.com ;)

You’d think they’d take a look on their own install right?

maoDiddy
# 4
maoDiddy

I will have to test a default theme in another test install, as this site is live now. I’ll get back to you, but it does sound like the issue is rooted in EE, so I will pass the ball back to them again.

iain
# 5
Developer
iain

You can replicate the bug if you log into expressionengine.com - add a buddy and try and send a PM,

no need to go to your other install.