Scaffold

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From iain

Forum theme setting for member groups

Support Request

QB Marketing
QB Marketing

Hi there - my client bought your theme yesterday on Devot-ee - amazing job by the way - and I set it up for them, making some minor changes in the CSS - otherwise all as you had it.  In the forum settings, I selected Scaffold as the default theme.  And it shows up for me that way just fine.  But if i log in as my client, who has her own member group for administration without access to templates in EE for example, the old setting we had of the “blue” theme returns.  In that theme, i had removed the section of the page that allows the user to define their own theme.  Is there a way for me to set it so that no member group sees anything other than the scaffold theme.

iain
# 1
Developer
iain

Hiya,

Yeah that’s odd. Can you confirm you set the theme to be the default via:

Add-ons ? Modules ? Discussion Forum ? Default Preferences ? Theme Preferences ? Default Theme ? Scaffold

This should make sure any new members have that theme set. If your client can access on of the other themes with a theme switcher in the footer, have them switch to scaffold and you should be good.

You should be fine to remove the other themes which should make double sure.

Iain

ryestew
# 2
ryestew

I am having the same problem.  I’ve set the modules | discussion forum | forum board preferences | theme preference to scaffold and when I am not logged in I see the blue theme ( which is called the default theme from the pulldown menu at the bottom of the page). 

I only want the scaffold theme for all users and visitors. 

The site’s discussion board is http://tarequemasud.org/memories

thanks,

Rob

ryestew
# 3
ryestew

Pardon me on the last post - I still have the problem but the post isn’t too legible because of the pipe symbol - I should used the greater than (>) :

I’ve set the:
modules > discussion forum > forum board preferences > theme preference

to scaffold and when I am not logged in I see the blue theme ( which is called the default theme from the pulldown menu at the bottom of the page).

thanks and help please

ryestew
# 4
ryestew

I figured it out.  I had a folder called “default” in the forums_themes folder.  So once I renamed that folder - the theme was selected by the pulldown menu in the preferences section.