Safecracker Registration

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Objective HTML

Pre Sales Questions

General

boldyellow
boldyellow

1. Is Safecracker Registration compatible with EE 2.6.1?  Or do you recommend a lesser version, if so, which one?

2. Confirming that we can set up custom fields in the registration form, like “occupation” and such, correct?

3. Will SR work with the native EE member functionality of email verification when a new account is registered?

Thanks!

Objective HTML
# 1
Developer
Objective HTML

Safecracker has bugs in 2.6.x, which break Safecracker Reg for some things like dynamic_title’s. Everything else works ok though.

1) The only other issue with 2.6 is the reset password functionality changed. So if you use Master Config bootstrap, the reset password templates will be unaccessible. The current version of Authenticate forgot password tag doesn’t work with 2.6, but I just fixed that earlier today (for my client). But due to the way Master Config bootstrap works, it randomizes the tokens of the member templates and therefore makes the new reset password accessible.

So if you use Master Config, the native forgot password functionality isn’t going to work. I used Securit:ee to fix this for my client, but I am still working on the official solution for my add-on. I am actually in conversation with Ellislab via email now regarding this issue.

2) Safecracker Registration uses Safecracker, so anything it can do, Safecracker Reg will do. So you would simply create a “members” channel and create your desired profile fields. And occupation should be a part of your custom fields.

3) Yes