Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Exp:resso does not actively monitor this forum
(but you can still get help from other EE users).

For official support, visit the official support site »

RSVP

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Exp:resso

You must be logged in to post.

Displaying total number of attendees and their avatars

Support Request

shigajet
shigajet

I would like to display the following items on the event page of my site, but I’m not sure if these are supported by the attendance tag. I’m sorry if this is covered somewhere—just I’m confused by the online documentation.

Can I display the following, and if so, how?

1) Display attendees’ avatars
2) Display the number of seats for a particular event an attendee has RSVP’d for
3) Display the total number of RSVPs for an event

Exp:resso
# 1
Developer

Hi Splitter

Sorry for the slow response, we are using get satisfaction for support now and I forgot to check the devot-ee forums!

You can certainly display the attendees avatars. The syntax for any member fields is simply attendee_field_name, so for example attendee_avatar should display the avatar.

To display the number of seats reserved by the attendee, can you try the {seats_reserved} variable? There should also {notes} to display any custom message the member entered. I don’t have a development environment on me right now to test these, but they should work. Let me know if they do and I’ll add it to the documentation.

You currently can’t display the total number of seats reserved. You can display the total number of RSVPs using attendee_total_results (and attendee_count is also available). I realize the documentation was a bit lacking in this department, will update it now!

Cheers
Adrian

# 2
Developer

Oh also it would be fairly trivial to add a {total_seats_reserved} variable, so let me know if you need this!

shigajet
# 3
shigajet

Thank you for getting back to me on this.

For some reason I wasn’t able to display attendee’s avatars on my site, though I could display other variables. I’m not sure why. In the end I ended up writing my own MySQL query to pull that information.

On my event page I wanted to show a list of attendees and the number of spots they had reserved. I wasn’t able display {seats_reserved} through the Attendance tag. I ended up going with another custom MySQL query here.

I think a {total_seats_reserved} variable would be helpful. I’d use it if it were there. =)

Thanks for the useful addon!

# 4
Developer

Hmm, it is strange that you didn’t have any luck using the variables. Glad you have it working though!

We will consider adding a {total_seats_reserved} variable to the next release.

Cheers
Adrian