ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Phil Sturgeon

Missing Install Files

Support Request

paulmay_nyu
paulmay_nyu

Hello

I am still getting “Unable to locate the files needed to install this module” when I install Rest module. This is a totally fresh install of EE 2.1.3 and the latest version of the Module you’ve posted.

Could you please check that all the files are named correctly and in the right place in the zip? A little README of install instructions wouldn’t go amiss either - $30 quid module and having more troubles than your average free module. Would appreciate a response.

Paul May

paulmay_nyu
# 1
paulmay_nyu

Hello

I wonder if these file inconsistencies might have something to do with it? In all cases I’ve given the file name and the file location information at the bottom of the file.

pi.rest.php

/* End of file REST.php */
/* Location: ./application/libraries/REST.php */

Curl.php

/* End of file Curl.php */
/* Location: ./application/libraries/Curl.php */

upd.rest.php

/* End of file upd.rest.php */
/* Location: ./system/expressionengine/third_party/rating/upd.rest.php */

paulmay_nyu
# 2
paulmay_nyu

Hello - Can I get an update on this please?

timmo26
# 3
timmo26

I’m having the same issue - any joy on a resolution??

philsturgeon
# 4
Developer
philsturgeon

I saw this a while back and forgot to answer as after testing 5 times on different installs I was confused and gave up. Now Tim has emailed me a reminder I have looked into it again and it is still fine. I’ve tried on clean installs of 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 and it all works fine.

Paul: Sorry mate but PHP comments don’t have any effect on this.

If you guys could give me some more information I could have a go, but right now I am not able to recreate this issue at all so can’t really help you.

timmo26
# 5
timmo26

I agree with Paul…

A little README of install instructions wouldn’t go amiss either

Finally got it working after putting it in the right place, it needs to go into the ..system\expressionengine\third_party folder and not ..system\expressionengine\modules - clearly my own fault.

Being my first EE2 expedition I didn’t pick up on this initially, used to 1.X way of the EE world.

Thanks for looking into it Phil.

Cheers,
Tim

philsturgeon
# 6
Developer
philsturgeon

I’ve put this into 1.6.0.