Extension

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Registration Emails

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From koivi

Does this module work with Intoeetive Social Login Pro?

General

OneDogMedia
OneDogMedia

Looking for a module that will get triggered to send a new registration welcome email when the user registers for the first time with their Facebook account, using Intoeetive Social Login Pro.

I’m currently using Solspace User, and customers are allowed to login using their Facebook credentials via the Social Login Pro module.  It works great and creates an EE account for the user in the background.  Trouble is, the Facebook login/registration process does not talk to the Solspace module, so users who register using Facebook never get the Welcome email from the User module, that is normally sent to people who register directly into EE. 

Intoeetive suggested I look at your Registration Emails add-on, so I wanted to ask if this add-on would do what I’m looking for, in which case I would use it in place of Solspace User.

Thanks!

koivi
# 1
Developer
koivi

I have never seen Social Login before as I haven’t done that type of work yet. That said, I am afraid that I cannot answer that question. However, if you do try using this extension with Social Login and it works, please let me know in this thread. I would suggest trying it out on a development server so you don’t effect the experience of real users in the process.

OneDogMedia
# 2
OneDogMedia

You may want to add something in your docs about the folder to upload to the third-party directory needing to be renamed “registration_emails” in order to get this to work.  I had to play around with this until EE 2.5.3 would recognize the extension.

I originally posted a comment about EE not finding the language file but it was my fault - I moved it to the languages directory rather than leaving it where it was.  I’ll let you know if this works!  thanks

koivi
# 3
Developer
koivi

That is strange. I don’t reference the file anywhere in the code because it just uses the EE/CI API for all of that handling. Change the name to registration_emails_lang.php and it should work according to the documentation for extension development. However, I could have sworn that it had the correct file name - especially since all my other extensions use the same naming convention. Maybe something got changed in an EE version, which version are you using ? (So I can add to my notes)

OneDogMedia
# 4
OneDogMedia

I’m using EE 2.5.3.  Unfortunately, this did not seem to trigger a User notification when the customer signed up via Facebook through the Social Login Pro module.  I did get the admin notification though.  So I will have to look elsewhere.  Thanks anyway!

koivi
# 5
Developer
koivi

Thanks for the consideration and help finding the lang file problem.

OneDogMedia
# 6
OneDogMedia

No problem.  I edited my post so you may not see it here, but the lang file problem was really my fault.  I thought the info in the languages folder should go into system/expressionengine/language, so I put it there.  That’s why it didn’t work.  I don’t think it needs to be renamed.  I was just overthinking it!  take care.