Extension

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Reg Restrict

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Michael Rog

Can I restrict one member group and allow all other registrations to default to another? 

Support (Resolved)

Michael Rog (RogEE)
Developer
Michael Rog (RogEE)

Received via GetSatisfaction:

Is there a way to setup RogEE to add members to one group that is dependent on their domain being added to RogEE and then all other members to another group if not in the restricted list?

Answer: Yes, simply set the Require Registration Domain? setting to No. Any domain-based rules you have specified will be in effect, and registrations from all other domains will default to EE’s Default Member Group.

Logo Design UK
# 1
Logo Design UK

Do you mean Require Valid Domain in the Extension Settings for RogEE Reg Restrict?

Michael Rog (RogEE)
# 2
Developer
Michael Rog (RogEE)

Yes, that’s correct.

PromiseM
# 3
PromiseM

Greetings. I have purchased and installed your product and found that it works quite well. I have a question that is related to the above thread.

We are restricting certain domains to the member group, but we now have a reason to allow all other domains to go into its own group, such as Guests. Is there a way to do that?

Michael Rog (RogEE)
# 4
Developer
Michael Rog (RogEE)

You can specify the default group for new members in the Member Preferences: https://ellislab.com/expressionengine/user-guide/cp/members/membership_preferences.html#default-member-group-assigned-to-new-members

PromiseM
# 5
PromiseM

I didn’t think of that option. Thanks, Michael.