Reg Restrict

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Michael Rog

Change default group for new members

Support Request

sstrycker
sstrycker

Hi, our default member group has been deleted by our previous webmaster on our website (it’s group ID #5)...

We do use Solespace’s User add-on, but I noticed that after installing your add on and testing it will use initially group ID 5 - and it’s causing problems in new signups - we can’t find them in the member database because they are not assigned to a group ID that exists.

Is there a way to remedy this in the extension code?  So that the default on new signups is set to group ID 6?

Thanks!

Michael Rog (RogEE)
# 1
Developer
Michael Rog (RogEE)

The extension should respect whichever group is set as the default in your Member Preferences. Make sure you have your desired group (ID 6) selected there.

(If it’s not working, shoot me an email and I can look into it further next week.)

sstrycker
# 2
sstrycker

So I checked and I do have the default member group signup to ID 6, but it still auto-assigns users to group 5.

Is there a support email that I should use to email you on this?

Thank you!

Sean

Michael Rog (RogEE)
# 3
Developer
Michael Rog (RogEE)

Oy — sounds like a bug, then.

support@michaelrog.com

sstrycker
# 4
sstrycker

I think I’ve narrowed it down, if I set a Member group assignment to a group that is sequential, like “group id 1, 2, 3, 4” then it works great!

If it’s a group that jumps the sequence like group id 7 or 8, it stops if there has been a group that has been deleted before in the sequence, like group id 5, it will try and assign to that group…

So in other words we should have never deleted group id #5 :-(

sstrycker
# 5
sstrycker

Ok, It’s all working now but it seems that the Member group assignment drop down select doesn’t use the actual group id as the value but sequential numbers… so if I choose #6 in the list and my goupid 5 has been deleted it will actually choose group id 5.

I found a way around it by just entering the data directly into the table exp_rogee_reg_restrict, but it would be good to have the admin interface working as well.