Fieldtype, Plugin

Developer
Supported

REEgion Select

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Derek Hogue

You must be logged in to post.

Possible to show/hide state field based on country?

Feature Request

JamesB
JamesB

Is it possible to show/hide the various state/province/etc. fields based on the country selection? So for example if the United States is selected I get the US States, or if I select Angola it goes away completely, or if I select Canada I get the Canadian provinces… etc.

Derek Hogue
# 1
Developer
Derek Hogue

In the control panel, not really, unless you added separate fields for states, provinces, counties, etc, then added some custom javascript as well.

On the front-end it’s easier, because you can just place multiple menus in the same location (states, provinces, etc) using the plugin, then write your javascript for hiding/showing when the country menu is changed.

JamesB
# 2
JamesB

Yea, I was meaning in the control panel. That is where it would be most useful for me.

Derek Hogue
# 3
Developer
Derek Hogue

I’m working on something in this regard, so stay tuned (no ETA though).

Nutmeg
# 4
Nutmeg

Would be nice to see this add-on evolve with ajaxified / auto fill States/Provinces and Cities/Towns (based on Postcode/Zipcode). You should add a price tag though - well worth it!

JamesB
# 5
JamesB

I’d pay money.