Module, Plugin

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Reefine

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Patrick Woodcock

Compatibility with Zoo Visitor?

General

Go Fresh Design
Go Fresh Design

I’m trying to set up a “Member Directory” that’s filterable by category. I’m using Reefine successfully with my other channels, but when I try to use my zoo_visitor channel, the {entry_ids} variable always returns a “-1”

Is filtering Zoo Visitor entries just not supported?

Running EE 2.11.6, Reefine 1.6.0, Zoo VIsitor 1.3.34

Ralph
# 1
Ralph

Hi

Sorry Reefine only works with Channel entries I’m afraid and can’t filter Member details.

Cheers,
Patrick.

Go Fresh Design
# 2
Go Fresh Design

Oh, bummer. I figured since Zoo Visitor stores the data as channel entries, it would work like any other channel.

Thanks for the fast response :)

Ralph
# 3
Ralph

Hi

I haven’t used Zoo Visitor before so I’m not sure. If it stores the details in channel entries then it should work though. Does it use a special field type to store these details? Can you post your {exp:reefine} and I’ll have a look.

Patrick.

Go Fresh Design
# 4
Go Fresh Design

It does use a special fieldtype to sort of ‘relate’ the entry to a native EE member and make some of those pieces of data manageable from the Content > Edit form. But It’s an ordinary channel in every other way, and I’m not trying to using any of that native data to filter the content.

Here’s my Reefine code:

{exp:reefine
 channel
="zoo_visitor"

parse="inward"

theme="form"

filter:Category:category_group="1"

filter:CategoryTwo:category_group="2"

url="/directory/{Category}/{CategoryTwo}"
}

{entries}
  {if entry_ids
=='-1'<p>No matching members found.</p{/if} 
  {entry_ids}
 {
/entries} 

{
/exp:reefine} 

Zoo vistor does have a special tag pair (exp:zoo_visitor:members) for fetching member data, so I thought that might be the issue—but I’m still able to access all of the information I need using the native exp:channel:entries tag pair like I would any other channel.

EE-Zoo website has been down for quite some time, but if you need to reference those docs, they’re on archive.org- http://web.archive.org/web/20160810115704/http://www.ee-zoo.com/docs/visitor/index.html

Thank you for looking into this :)

Ralph
# 5
Ralph

Hi

That should be working then. Maybe Zoo Member doesn’t store that in the database as channel entries. Can you send me a super admin login for your site and I’ll take a look. Email me here

Patrick.