Module, Plugin

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Reefine

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Patrick Woodcock

Filter on status?

Support (Resolved)

anchovy
anchovy

Hi

Great addon; thanks.

Is it possible to filter on the status of a entry?
I’m setting the status to return all the entries in the channel:

{exp:reefine channel="classifieds"

filter:fields="title|ad_location|ad_email|ad_name"

status="Open|Closed|Cancelled|Unapproved|Deleted"

Which works fine - but I’d also like to generate a filter listing these distinct status options so I could get only ‘Unapproved’ entries to be returned.

if I try to add ‘status’ to the filter:fields I’m getting a fatal error.

Can’t seem to see this in action in the documentation or any examples; is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Ralph
# 1
Ralph

Hi. Thanks, glad you like Reefine. I’m not sure if there is a way to filter by status. I’m on holiday at the moment, I’ll double check this when I get back on the 5th.
Patrick.

anchovy
# 2
anchovy

Hi

Thanks for the reply, even though you are on holiday!

Worked out how to do it, but it involves having different url’s for the different status - so I’ve got:

/segment_1/segment_2/Classifieds
  - /Approved
  - /Unapproved
  - /Cancelled
  - /Deleted

and my code is:

{exp:reefine channel=“classifieds” parse=“inward” method=“ajax” show_expired=“yes” show_future_entries=“yes”
filter:fields=“title”
status=’{if segment_4}{segment_4}{if:else}Approved|Unapproved|Cancelled|Deleted{/if}’
}

So /segment_1/segment_2/Classifieds show’s all the defined status, but /segment_1/segment_2/Classifieds/Approved will only show the approved entries.

I presume that it would be simple enough to get status filters working within the one page view - something like:

So initially it would default to all entries that have a status of ‘Approved’. But also allow a filter list to be built supplying the other filters. If a different status, or multiple status, is selected, then these would be returned.

In the above, all the entries with any of the specified default status’s would be returned, along with the filter list with all the items selected/checked.

Regards
Ben

Ralph
# 3
Ralph

Hi Ben.

I’m back! I think I can add the entry Status as another field to Reefine. If you could send me an email I’ll send you a beta version for you to try out when it’s done.

Cheers
Patrick.

amadeus
# 4
amadeus

Hi, having the same question. Is entry status filterable with the most actual version of reefine right now?

Ralph
# 5
Ralph

Hi. I’ve just uploaded the latest version of Reefine which supports the “status” in filter fields to devotee.