Module, Plugin

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Reefine

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Patrick Woodcock

Category including subcategories as filter

Feature (Resolved)

pbBC
pbBC

Hi

is it possible to get the subcategories of a category group as filter?
This should look like this:
- parentA (5)
—subA(2)
—subB (1)
- parentB (10)
—subA (3)
—subB (3)

All categories are links.

Regards

Ralph
# 1
Ralph

Hi

Sorry Reefine doesn’t support category trees at the moment. I’m planning to put that feature in when I next get some time to work on it.

Cheers
Patrick.

pbBC
# 2
pbBC

Hi

thanks for you reply. Do you have any workaround in the meantime? I tried to use stash and gwcode_categories to
generate a correct list but it didn’t work.

Regards

Ralph
# 3
Ralph

Hi

Sorry I don’t have a workaround at the moment. Although if you could get gwcode_categories to output links that contain all the existing segments and the category url title (eg href=”/{segment_1}/{category_url_title}/{segment_3}/....”  ) then it should work ok. If you can’t customise gwcode_categories hrefs directly then maybe you could use javascript to change the urls.

Cheers
Patrick.

pbBC
# 4
pbBC

I’ve found a solution with stash and an embedded template where I use gwcode categories.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

5BYFIVE
# 5
5BYFIVE

This post is 3 years old, but thought I would try anyway. Can you post your GWCode Categories solution? I have it working with another similar plugin, Category Construct, which is similar to GWCode. I can build the URLs fine to filter, but not sure how to update the URL when a filter is clicked on and removed. Did you solve this issue? Thanks!