Fieldtype, Module

Developer
Supported

Protected Links

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Yuri Salimovskiy

You must be logged in to post.

zipped folders failing

Support Request

Lisa Ellington
Lisa Ellington

You helped me YEARS ago with an EE protected link issue. We upgraded EE a few years ago, had trouble again with the protected links working with ZIPPED folders working properly.

I see that you helped me by logging in and doing something on the backend. Is this a known issue and is there a fix? If not, I’d like to be able to talk to you about getting this fixed. We’ve had to set our files to public to get them to work and we really can’t keep them that way.

We are running v 3.0.2 and EE 3.5.15
The site is currently being redeveloped in Craft, but we have to protect these files in the meantime.

Thank you!

Lisa Ellington
# 1
Lisa Ellington

Any chance this can be looked at?

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 2
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

What is the exact error message or issue that you get?

Lisa Ellington
# 3
Lisa Ellington

The file downloads. The error when trying to open the zip is “Unable to expand filename.zip” It is an unsupported format.
This doesn’t happen when I’m not using the protected links addon. The zip expands just fine.

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 4
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Try opening the downloaded zip with text/code editor and see if there’s an error message in the beginning of file

Lisa Ellington
# 5
Lisa Ellington

It is completely blank

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 6
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Ok. Try setting error reporting in EE to highest preference (errors shows to anyone) and try again

Lisa Ellington
# 7
Lisa Ellington

I can’t even get error reporting to show up—it throws a js error.

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 8
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

You can also set `$debug = 1;` in `index.php` or
`$config[‘debug’] = ‘2’;` in config.php