ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Isaac Raway

[Resolved] Form not submitting

Support (Resolved)

Jerome
Jerome

Hi,

I had an earlier problem with my conditional fields not working. Thanks for your suggestions regarding that. I got them to work as seen below.

http://trinidad.myguardiangroup.com/guardian-asset-management/gam-meeting-form/

Now that my form is finished, it won’t send. I press submit and it goes back to the same page and nothing gets recorded in the Proform control panel and no notifications get sent.

I went to Tools—> Communicate and sent a test email successfully.

Is there something glaring that I am missing?

MetaSushi
# 1
Developer
MetaSushi

This usually means that there is some sort of caching going on. Are you using any cache add-ons?

Jerome
# 2
Jerome

I checked and I am not using any caching addons that I see here..could it be anything else? it’s weird that it’s not even registering in the control panel.

MetaSushi
# 3
Developer
MetaSushi

Are you using any special template techniques such as Stash? Also check the built in template caching settings as EE has it’s own caching built in.

Try creating a template with nothing but ProForm on it, no header or footer or anything, just one {exp:proform:simple} tag on it and see if that works.

Jerome
# 4
Jerome

Caching isn’t turned on for that template. I went ahead and created a template and just inserted the {exp:proform:simple} tag. I just put that in without the edits that made the conditionals work. I tested it both ways just to make sure as well. Doesn’t submit.

http://trinidad.myguardiangroup.com/ggtestform

Same thing happens….page refreshes and info stays entered in the fields. Nothing gets entered in the “Form entries” section either.

Oh also I’m not using Stash.

MetaSushi
# 5
Developer
MetaSushi

The page is throwing many syntax errors, it looks like your jQuery files are returning HTML:

http://trinidad.myguardiangroup.com/themes/third_party/proform/public/javascript/jquery.min.js?1.74

Make sure the files all exist, and also you will want to check on your browser’s developer console. If there are any javascript errors they all should be fixed.

Jerome
# 6
Jerome

The reason for that is that I just put in the form code without any of the fixes for the JS that you suggested to me in a previous thread. Take a look at it now.

MetaSushi
# 7
Developer
MetaSushi

It looks like you have commented out the captcha bit of the form template using HTML comments. This won’t work because ProForm still sees the captcha tags and generates the resulting code, expecting it to be submitted with the form, but you are not showing the field and therefore the error isn’t visible, but is being generated:

<!--                                             <div class="pf_captcha">

Enter this word:    [removed][removed]
   [removed]
    window
.onload = function(){
     Recaptcha
.create('6LcAK-QSAAAAAFzt0eVW18ilx-V5vXDC-zdFVFKB',

"recaptcha_container",

{
       theme
:'blackglass',

lang:'en'

}

);    

};

[removed]

<div id="recaptcha_container"></div><br/>
                         <
input type="text" name="captcha" />
<
span class="error">You must submit the word that appears in the image</span>                        </div>
                                    --> 

To actually completely disable captchas, you need to completely remove all tags that have the word “captcha” in them from the template. EE comments also may not work properly.

Jerome
# 8
Jerome

Thank you soooo much!! I thought commenting it out would have worked but clearly not. It’s submitting properly now…now I just have to figure out how to get notifications. I already made a “notifications” template group and created a “default” template and assigned it in my form settings and module settings.

I used the example you gave someone in a different thread in the default template but not getttng any notifications.

<p>{screen_name} submitted an entry on the {form_name} form:</p>

<
b>Submitted Entry:</b>:

{fields}
  {if field_value}

<b>{field_name}</b>: {field_value}
  {
/if}
{
/fields}

Originator IP
{value:ip_address}
Submission Time
{current_time format="%D, %F %d, %Y - %g:%i:%s"

I must say, the support you’ve given is really top notch, you’re very responsive and helpful…thanks again.

MetaSushi
# 9
Developer
MetaSushi

I do try! :)

The first thing to check, if you aren’t getting any emails at all, is to make sure EE itself can send email. Go to Tools > Communicate and try to send yourself a message using that form. If you do not get that message, then EE’s own email settings need to be fixed. Jason Siffring wrote an article about third party email APIs that allow for SMTP connections, which you may find interesting if your server is unable to send mail for some reason. Alternatively, you may be able to get an SMTP server from your ISP.

Jerome
# 10
Jerome

Hey,

The emails are coming in now…just very very slowly. I mean once I get the notifications it’s fine, not sure why it’s that slow.

MetaSushi
# 11
Developer
MetaSushi

This is probably just a network or ISP issue. If you do find something specific to ProForm related to the delivery speed, please let me know! One way you could test would be to send a few emails from the Communicate command in EE to see if they are also delayed. I would suspect a similar delay would apply for those messages as well.

MetaSushi
# 12
Developer
MetaSushi

Since this thread is idle we will go ahead and close it. Please open a new thread if you still have any issues.