ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Objective HTML

1 of 2

Progress indicator will just hang there and never finish

Support Request

tibitabo
tibitabo

I just purchased Photo Frame and it’s pretty great, but most of the time, when uploading an image, the progress indicator will just hang there and never finish.

I’ve checked the upload destinations, as well as upload_max_filesize. No problems there and sometimes everything work fine.

What could it be?

I’m developing locally using XAMPP on Windows and EE 2.8.1.

Objective HTML
# 1
Developer
Objective HTML

What browser are you using? And can you check the JS error console and take a screenshot if you see any errors?

tibitabo
# 2
tibitabo

It happens on Firefox 28. There was an error. Screenshot attached.

Objective HTML
# 3
Developer
Objective HTML

Ok, I have not seen this error before. Can you send a screenshot of how you have your fieldtype setup so I can try to duplicate this issue?

tibitabo
# 4
tibitabo

Same error in Chrome:

event.returnValue is deprecatedPlease use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
Uncaught TypeErrorCannot read property '0' of null 
tibitabo
# 5
tibitabo

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/569ob4us8vqf5hd/settings.gif

tibitabo
# 6
tibitabo

Still no luck, most of the time! :(

tibitabo
# 7
tibitabo

It seems to be dependent on the files itself. Although all of those files are in .jpg-format, it’s always the same photos, that can’t be uploaded.

I’ve checked the differences, but it doesn’t have to do with size, filename, extension or anything like that.

Objective HTML
# 8
Developer
Objective HTML

Can you email me this file that does work so I can with it directly to see if I can duplicate the issue? It could be a PHP memory limit or something. Email it to support[at]objectivehtml.com if you can.

tibitabo
# 9
tibitabo

Done! Sorry about the filesize. I didn’t check it first.

tibitabo
# 10
tibitabo

So, any news on the issue?

Unfortunately this bug renders your addon useless and I’d really love it to work. :(

Objective HTML
# 11
Developer
Objective HTML

Just wanted to let you know I didn’t have a chance to debug this yet. I am working on support right now and will get to this shortly. I haven’t your email with the sample files. Can you find out your memory limits for me in your php.ini file?

tibitabo
# 12
tibitabo

Thanks for letting me know!

Memory limit was the first thing I checked. I’ve set it like this:

php_value upload_max_filesize 500M
php_value post_max_size 500M

So, you didn’t get my email?

Objective HTML
# 13
Developer
Objective HTML

No, I got your email with the sample photos. There were 3 headshots. My guess is it’s not a memory issue if you have it cranked up to 500M.

Objective HTML
# 14
Developer
Objective HTML

Can you test this in Chrome? Does the same thing occur in other browsers? Assuming you can produce the error in Chrome, open up the Network tab in the developer toolbar. Then find the one in red, there should be one if there is an error. If nothing in red, click on the last request that was performed and see if there is any error output. Usually when this happens you will be able to read the response to get a line number or some sort of clue as to what is causing the problem. Give this a shot to see if you can reveal more information.

Objective HTML
# 15
Developer
Objective HTML

I just setup the same scenario in 2.8 on my end and it’s working fine. The only difference is the Windows element. I am thinking something within the Windows version of PHP is different than on my end, and is throwing an error. Is there anyway to give me access to this server so I can debug this directly?

1 of 2