Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

PDF Press

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Doug Black, Jr.

2 of 2

PDF Preview section errors - unable to use PDF Press add-on

Bug Report

Interact Marketing
# 16
Interact Marketing

I think I have fixed issue with PDF rendering. I have just changed dompdf_config.custom.inc.php inside dompdf folder not that one in the root of pdf_press. Need your confirmation, but preview mode still is broken so I will leave access to the server so you can take a look on that.

patpohler
# 17
patpohler

Hey Adam, I think I’m getting closer to a solution. Just to clarify you’ve modified third_party/pdf_press/dompdf_config.custom.inc.php right?

Anyway I’ve added a PDF Press extension that adds “PDF” as a template type. You can view it in action on:
http://www.securewebcheckout.net/furniture/pdf_test

If you view the template, you can see I’m using the ‘parse_pdf’ method and I’ve set the attachment=0 which means the PDF will render in the browser. I think you might want to consider parse_pdf if you’d like the PDFs to render in the browser, it fires up a copy of EE’s templating engine than the save_pdf method which uses EE’s actions.

This doesn’t really fix the encoding in the PDF Preview tab (which doesn’t use the parse_pdf method), although strangely enough setting attachment=1, which forces the PDF to be downloaded doesn’t give you the same encoding issues. Try it out and see if that at least moves you forward with your work.

So this is minor but I’ve fixed the drop down error on the Preview tab, it didn’t like my PHP syntax in my foreach loop. Thanks for giving me access to your environment.

Interact Marketing
# 18
Interact Marketing

I have modified third_party/pdf_press/dompdf/dompdf_config.custom.inc.php file based on third_party/pdf_press/dompdf_config.custom.inc.php file. Other way wasn’t working (probably something wrong with absolute path).

Let me know if you still need access to the environment.

patpohler
# 19
patpohler

Hi Adam, I sent you an email on Friday night. Did you receive it? Thanks for the update regarding the file paths and the config file. I shouldn’t need further access to your environment.

Interact Marketing
# 20
Interact Marketing

Can you re-send it? I can’t find it somehow.

2 of 2