Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Multi Language Module

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

Ongoing compatibility issues with EE 2.7.2?

Bug Report

ballmann
ballmann

hi there!
since updating our ee-installations to 2.7.2 we are running into several problems with this plugin because there seems to be some incompatibility with the new parents tag. the following code, which used the recursive tag til 2.6, does no longer work and generates no output:

{parents channel="projekt" sort="desc" orderby="title" }

<li class="projectlabel">{categories backspace="2"}{exp:multi_language:phrase index="{category_url_title}"}{/categories}    {exp:multi_language:phrase index="{category_url_title}"}</li><!-- #projectlabel -->
{/parents} 

will you provide an update for this module (which i really love by the way)?
or isn´t this some kind of bug?

because we want to use this plugin in three projects it´s kind of urgent.

kindest regards,
matthias

hi there!
since updating our ee-installations to 2.7.2 we are running into several problems with this plugin because there seems to be some incompatibility with the new parents tag. the following code, which used the recursive tag til 2.6, does no longer work and generates no output:

{parents channel="projekt" sort="desc" orderby="title" }

<li class="projectlabel">{categories backspace="2"}{exp:multi_language:phrase index="{category_url_title}"}{/categories}    {exp:multi_language:phrase index="{category_url_title}"}</li><!-- #projectlabel -->
{/parents} 

will you provide an update for this module (which i really love by the way)?
or isn´t this some kind of bug?

because we want to use this plugin in three projects it´s kind of urgent.

kindest regards,
matthias

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

hi mathias, is this only happening inside of the parents tag? and what exactly is the output of your code above? since this is now a free add-on it is no longer in active development so there aren’t any updates planned.

ballmann
# 2
ballmann

hi ben,

sorry, i didn´t know that the plugin is no longer in development.
since we use it heavily inside several sites, i´m pretty sure that this only happens inside the new parents tag. at first i though it´s a bug in ee but then i noticed that the multi-language-plugin doesn´t produce any output from the above code. the result inside the website-frontend is …

<li class="projectlabel"></li

strange, isn´t?

thank you in advance for your help,
regards,
matthias

hi ben,

sorry, i didn´t know that the plugin is no longer in development.
since we use it heavily inside several sites, i´m pretty sure that this only happens inside the new parents tag. at first i though it´s a bug in ee but then i noticed that the multi-language-plugin doesn´t produce any output from the above code. the result inside the website-frontend is …

<li class="projectlabel"></li

strange, isn´t?

thank you in advance for your help,
regards,
matthias