Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From John D. Wells

Cache path appended to base path = wrong path

Bug Report

elsmore
elsmore

Hi,

I’m getting the following in my template debugging:

Minimee [INFO]: Cache Path `/var/www/vhosts/xxx/subdomains/upright/cache` is being appended to Base Path `/var/www/vhosts/xxx/subdomains/upright`.
Minimee [INFO]: Cache Path is now `/var/www/vhosts/xxx/subdomains/upright/var/www/vhosts/xxx/subdomains/upright/cache`.
Minimee [ERROR]: Not configured correctly: your cache folder `/var/www/vhosts/xxx/subdomains/upright/var/www/vhosts/xxx/subdomains/upright/cache` does not exist.

I have tried leaving the path empty, setting it to /cache, and using the full path. If I set it to /cache minimee appears to work, but then can’t find the cache files.

I have quite a few installations and I’ve never seen this before. Any idea what’s going on?

(Minimee 2.1.13, EE 2.10.1)

John D Wells
# 1
Developer
John D Wells

Hi elsmore,

Are you configuring Minimee via the Extension, or config? What other values have you set to non-default values?

Normally, you can simply set both the Cache Path and Cache URL to a relative folder name, e.g. ‘cache’, and Minimee should find it just fine.  Can you try that?

Cheers,
John

elsmore
# 2
elsmore

Hi John,

I’m setting the paths in the Minimee extension. Everything is default. If I use ‘system/expressionengine/cache’ it finds the directory and writes a css file, but then can’t access it:

You don’t have permission to access /system/expressionengine/cache/8d6706da3721b67d42b3bbf33a690c2063d8d674.1437511730.css
on this server.

The cache directory has 777 permissions, the file 644.

John D Wells
# 3
Developer
John D Wells

Hi elsmore,

You shouldn’t be using expressionengine’s cache folder, you should create your own at the public root.  So if your site is being served from `public_html`, then create a cache folder there, e.g. `public_html/cache`.

Once you’ve done that, then set Minimee’s Cache Path and Cache URL both to be simply `cache`.

Cheers,
John