Module

Developer
Supported

Messaging

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Yuri Salimovskiy

You must be logged in to post.

About success message

Support Request

stefanos
stefanos

Hi Yuri,

Messaging is a gread add-on, very flexible ! But I have a problem with the success message.

How to setup the success message , it is not documented in the docs.

{exp:messaging:bulletin_compose return="{site_url}mensagen/view_bulletins"}

<p>Recipients:

{recipients}

<br /><input type="checkbox" name="recipients[]" value="{recipient_id}" /> {recipient_name}
                {
/recipients}

</p>

<
p>Expire this bulletin on:
                <
br /><input type="text" name="bulletin_expires" value="{current_time format="%Y-%m-%%H:%i:%s"}" />
            </
p>h1

<p>Message text:
            <
br /><textarea name="message"></textarea>
            </
p>
            <
p><input type="submit" value="send" /></p>

{/exp:messaging:bulletin_compose} 

This piece of code doesn’t return to {site_url}mensagen/view_bulletins, the return page is my domain name : mysite.com, and it’s a blank html page. Why it return to a blank page ?

It returns to {site_url}mensagen/view_bulletins, only when the skip_success_message=“yes” parameter is added.

So how to configure the success_message ? In place of a blank page, how to display a success message on a return page, or in a pop-up window ? I didn’t find any parameters, or options, documentation, about success message.

regards,

Stéphane

stefanos
# 1
stefanos

Another doubt, in there are three folder in the Messaging package. The main one: messaging, and the other two : is_message_read, pm_between_members.

Where these two folder must be installed: is_message_read and the pm_between_members? In the user/addons/ path, or user/addons/messaging path ? I’m using EE3.5.11.

If I use {exp:is_message_read:check copy_id=”{message_id}”} {/exp:is_message_read:check}

or {exp:pm_between_members:count sender=”{segment_3}” recipient=”{segment_4}”}, it display a blank page.

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 2
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Hi Stéphane,

by default, send_bulletin form would display success message based on ExpressionEngine built-in text. If you want to directly go to custom page showing custom success message, apply skip_success_message=“y” parameter. The return parameter does not need to have {site_url}, it would be just return=“mensagen/view_bulletins”

is_message_read and pm_between_members are complimentary plugins. They have not been converted to EE3 yet.

stefanos
# 3
stefanos

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your fast reply!

I have a doubt about “send_bulletin form would display success message based on ExpressionEngine built-in text”, how to use it ??

Because if I don’t apply skip_success_message=“y”, a blank page appears after the message has been sent (it is redirected to the url base of the site).

So how to setup, the default send_bulletin   success message display, based on ExpressionEngine built-in text ?

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 4
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Do you get to see “Bulletin Successfully Posted” message before the redirect happens? That’s the built-in text I’m referring to. It shows for 3 seconds.

Did you try removing {site_url} from ‘return’ parameter?

stefanos
# 5
stefanos

No “Bulletin Successfully Posted” message appears before the redirect happens. Yes, {site_url} has been removed, using   {exp:messaging:bulletin_compose return=“mensagen/view_bulletins”}, once the bulletin sent, no “Bulletin Successfully Posted” appears, it’s redirected to mysite.com, a totally html blank page. It’s under development, so i’m using Wamp, I will try now on the physical server to see if this problem appears too.

stefanos
# 6
stefanos

Using the physical server the “Bulletin Successfully Posted” message before the redirect happens.

It works, the Custom System Message is not installed on the server…..... I totally forgot about Custom System Message, installed on the development server.

Thans a lot for your help and for your great addons !!

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 7
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Glad you figured that out.