Extension, Module

Developer
Supported

Member categories

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Yuri Salimovskiy

You must be logged in to post.

PHP Error –Upgrading member_categories from VERSION1.3.5 to 3.0.2

Support Request

VCUQatar
VCUQatar

Hi…

We are now preparing to upgrade to Expression Engine 3.5.4 from EE version 2.5.5.
We are implementing up-gradation on local test server before implementing it on live server to make sure that we do not run into any issues.

Currently running Member Categories Version 1.3.5 on EE 2.5.5 website is incompatible to EE version 3.5.4
So we recently downloaded Member Categories Version 3.0.2 as per license No. d6029546-e226-4bd6-9bc2-01d2248a7f95  from https://devot-ee.com.

Currently I did following steps to upgrade Member Categories to version3.0.2. from EE2.5.5 website: -

1. Overwite the folder member_categories in /system/expressionengine/third_party by using
member_categories folder from downloaded file of member_categories-20170328 from my system
ie C:\Users\vcuqweb\Desktop\Expression Engine\EE-software-addons\Add-on-From-Devotee\member_categories-20170328\system\expressionengine\third_party.

2. Overwite the folder member_categories in /themes/third_party by using member_categories folder from downloaded file of member_categories-20170328\themes\third_party.

But when we are upgrading Member Categories to version3.0.2 from EE2.5.5 website running in local test server shows the PHP Error on front end. (Screenshot3).

ERROR IN FRONT END -http://localhost/intranet3/index.php

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: member_categories/mod.member_categories.php
Line Number: 45

Actually it is upgraded to 3.0.2 as per the screenshot1. But when click on member_categories module (screenshot1&2) shows the following warning message: -

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Filename: member_categories/mcp.member_categories.php
Line Number: 89

SERVER DETAILS

Test Sever- XAMPP
Server API -Apache 2.0 Handler.
Apache Version - Apache/2.4.25 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2j PHP/5.6.30
PHP Version 5.6.30
EE Version - 2.5.5

Tried to overwite the folder member_categories in /system/expressionengine/third_party by using
member_categories folder from downloaded file of member_categories-20170328 from my system
ie C:\Users\vcuqweb\Desktop\Expression Engine\EE-software-addons\Add-on-From-Devotee\member_categories-20170328\system\user\third_party from EE2.5.5 site

shows the following error when I click on member_categories module.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Addons_modules::make() in C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet-backup\system\expressionengine\third_party\member_categories\mcp.member_categories.php on line 38.

member_categories-20170328\system\user\third_party\ member_categories   Is this folder can use only from EE3?

Kindly send the solution as early as possible.

Thanks in advance…....

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 1
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

I think you did not update it properly and the system is calling old (EE2) files

First, remove /third_party/member_categories folder
Then add /user/addons/member_categories

Then visit control panel

I would recommend upgrading to latest EE2 version of member categories while you are on EE2, but that’s not absolutely required

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 2
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Note that the ZIP contains 2 version:
the files in system/expressionengine are for EE2
the files in system/user are for EE3

VCUQatar
# 3
VCUQatar

Deleted Member Categories Module from exp_module table from db.
Deleted old member categories folder kept as member_categories_old in system/expressionengine directory and uploaded fresh copy again.Then error resolved and member categories upgraded to version1.6.3.
The files in system/expressionengine are for EE2 -Is this member categories version1.6.3?Is this the latest EE2 version of member categories?
The files in system/user are for EE3- Is this member categories version3.0.2? Upgrade to version3.0.2 is possible only from EE3 control panel?
Is it( member categories1.6.3) disply in add-on manager of EE3 control panel when I upgrade EE2.5.5 (with member categories1.6.3) to EE3.5.4 ?

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 4
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

You are correct about version numbers, however 1.6.3 will ONLY work for EE2. It will not be displayed or be functional in EE3