Plugin

Developer
Supported

Math Plus

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Laisvunas

You must be logged in to post.

Can Math Plus perform calculations on numerical data from multiple, related channels? 

General

UGAWebDawg
UGAWebDawg

I have a channel for a university survey with fields containing numerical data (fields like, {total_eligible_survey_participants} and {number_of_surveys_completed} as well as {college_attended}, {educational_major} and {annual_salary}. There is an entry in the channel for each major within the university and each major is associated with a college or school within the university.

I would like to produce dynamic pages that can make calculations and display the results. For example, a page that could access the aforementioned channel and display the percentage of all eligible survey recipients who responded to the survey: {number_of_surveys_completed} / {total_eligible_survey_participants}

I would also like to calculate the total number of respondents from each college or school within the university (the sum of all responses for each major that is associated with a specific college or school).

Can Math Plus perform calculations using numerical data from channel fields multiple entries/related table data - like the sum of all responses for each major associated with a specific college or school?

Thanks for your help

Laisvunas
# 1
Developer
Laisvunas

Please, post here your template code which outputs numerical data from several channels you need to calculate.

UGAWebDawg
# 2
UGAWebDawg

In my current test, I have a channel named {outcomes} that contains a grid field named {outcomes_data}.

The {outcomes_data} field contains the following columns:

{school} - the college attended within the university, such as journalism, arts and sciences, etc.
{major}
{salary}
{status} - this is a “yes” or “no” field related to whether or not this individual responded to the survey

I would like to perform calculations and display something like, “average salary for history majors.”

Can Math Plus perform allow me to determine the number/COUNT of all {salary} column entries WHERE {major} equals “history,” then SUM those column entries and divide the SUM by the number/COUNT?

Thanks for your help.

Laisvunas
# 3
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

It’s difficult to tel untill you post here an example of your code. It could be some preliminary code, but it should contain all necessary tags and variables.

Luca Bernays
# 4
Luca Bernays

You can also get the IBM C1000-124 practice test to practice for the C1000-124 braindumps questions, so you have to visit http://blogs.bu.edu/tylercaz/tips-to-study-smarter/ to finish your research work easily. The practice test consists of 3 different modes to practice, the learning mode and two mock exam modes.