Extension

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Low Seg2Cat

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Tom Jaeger

No Output

Support Request

LMA Communications
LMA Communications

Hi Low,

I’ve successfully used this add-on in the past, but for some reason i cannot get it to output anything for me at this time. I’ve set all segments to yes but no matter what I do nothing is being output by seg2cat

I’ve tried {segment_category_ids} and the variable I need {segment_2_category_id} but nothing is output.

My current template code (sidebar) is:

{exp:channel:categories channel="blog" class="subCategs"}

<p><a href="{path="class="active">> {category_name}</a></p>

cat-name{category_name} <br />

seg2-name{segment_2_category_name}<br />

{/exp:channel:categories} 

The main template is an entry listing and when segment_2 is a category it is limiting to entries in that category. Just can’t figure out why this isn’t working for me.

Thanks for your time.

Low
# 1
Developer
Low

Try to turn on Template Debugging and look at the Snippets keys and values—the seg2cat variables should be listed there.

If the vars are set but empty, then there is no match somehow. If the vars are not set, there might be an extension conflict. What other extensions are installed?

Rowan
# 2
Rowan

I’m having an issue with this too.

(0.009152 1.79MBSnippets (Keys): segment_category_ids|segment_1_category_id|segment_1_category_parent_id|segment_1_category_group_id|segment_1_category_name|segment_1_category_description|segment_1_category_image|segment_2_category_id|segment_2_category_parent_id|segment_2_category_group_id|segment_2_category_name|segment_2_category_description|segment_2_category_image|segment_3_category_id|segment_3_category_parent_id|segment_3_category_group_id|segment_3_category_name|segment_3_category_description|segment_3_category_image|segment_4_category_id|segment_4_category_parent_id|segment_4_category_group_id|segment_4_category_name|segment_4_category_description|segment_4_category_image|segment_5_category_id|segment_5_category_parent_id|segment_5_category_group_id|segment_5_category_name|segment_5_category_description|segment_5_category_image|segment_6_category_id|segment_6_category_parent_id|segment_6_category_group_id|segment_6_category_name|segment_6_category_description|segment_6_category_image|segment_7_category_id|segment_7_category_parent_id|segment_7_category_group_id|segment_7_category_name|segment_7_category_description|segment_7_category_image|segment_8_category_id|segment_8_category_parent_id|segment_8_category_group_id|segment_8_category_name|segment_8_category_description|segment_8_category_image|segment_9_category_id|segment_9_category_parent_id|segment_9_category_group_id|segment_9_category_name|segment_9_category_description|segment_9_category_image|last_segment_category_id|last_segment_category_parent_id|last_segment_category_group_id|last_segment_category_name|last_segment_category_description|last_segment_category_image|freelancer_version|freebie_original_uri|freebie_stripped_uri|freebie_last|freebie_1|freebie_2|freebie_3|freebie_4|freebie_5|freebie_6|freebie_7|freebie_8|freebie_9|freebie_10|freebie_debug_segments|freebie_debug_settings_to_ignore|freebie_debug_settings_ignore_beyond|freebie_debug_settings_break_category|freebie_debug_settings_remove_numbers|freebie_debug_settings_always_parse|freebie_debug_settings_always_parse_pagination|freebie_debug_uri_cleaned|structure_1|structure_2|structure_3|structure_4|structure_5|structure_6|structure_7|structure_8|structure_9|structure_10|structure:is:page|structure:is:listing|structure:is:listing:parent|structure:page:entry_id|structure:page:template_id|structure:page:title|structure:page:slug|structure:page:uri|structure:page:url|structure:parent:entry_id|structure:parent:title|structure:parent:slug|structure:parent:uri|structure:parent:url|structure:parent:child_ids|structure:top:entry_id|structure:top:title|structure:top:slug|structure:top:uri|structure:top:url|structure:child_listing:channel_id|structure:child_listing:short_name|structure:child_ids|structure:freebie:entry_id|rootPath|rootPath-ee|pageTitle|cdnlgPath|brandspaceroot|site_id|site_label|site_short_name|last_segment
(0.009198 1.79MBSnippets (Values): |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||FALSE|articles/category/C51|articles/category/C51|C51|articles|category|C51||||||||articles+category+C51|success|error|preview||no|no||yes|articles/category/C51|articles|category|C51|||||||||||||||||||||||||articles|/articles/|http://www.bellyfit.com/articles/|||||http://www.bellyfit.com/|http://www.bellyfit.ca/|Bellyfit :: Moving Women|http://lghttp.11345.nexcesscdn.net/005022/|/themes/brandspace-minimal-portfolio-business-template/|1|Bellyfit|default_site|C51 

I’m using Structure and Freebie at the moment.. these may be interfering with this extension?

thanks,
Rowan

Low
# 3
Developer
Low

Freebie changes the internal segment array, so that might well give you issues, as Seg2Cat needs it to retrieve the segments from the URL.

Jim Hull
# 4
Jim Hull

OK, so I’m having the same trouble too.

Turned on Template Debugging and I have the same kind of output as above (with all the |‘s—||||||||||). I don’t have Structure or Freebie installed. How can I find out what conflict there is or is this not an extension conflict problem?

Low
# 5
Developer
Low

Well, Seg2Cat will return empty strings for non-maching segments, so it could be correct behavior. Are you sure there are valid category url_titles in the URI?

Jim Hull
# 6
Jim Hull

Yes the 2nd segment is definitely a category URL title, yet nothing is being registered.

Low
# 7
Developer
Low

Here’s a way to debug this.

First of all, check if the correct category groups are selected in the extension settings. If the category in the URI belongs to a non-selected category group, then the empty string is correct output.

Or else, enable the output profiler and look up the SQL query performed by Seg2Cat, which should look something like “SELECT LOWER(cat_url_title) AS cat_url_title…”. Then run that query in the SQL manager. If there are results in the SQL manager, but not from the extension itself, then there’s a conflicting extension somewhere, probably. Check which extension use the sessions_end hook as well and try to disable them to see of that helps.